Yeasts are eukaryotic single celled fungi. Yeasts are utilized in various applications of food, feed or wineries. There are several economically important strains of yeasts are available, which are used as baker’s yeast. It is used to leaven bread, to ripe the blue cheese and for the production of antibiotics for medical use. According to the study more than 8,000 strains of vegetative microorganisms has been categorized. Nearly 9 to 10 pure strains are used for fermentation with their sub classifications. All of these strains belong to Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is a resourceful micro-organism. It is highly used as a cell factory for biotechnological and pharmaceutical uses.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is widely used fungi in the various fermentation applications. It is also called as bakers and brewer’s yeast. The genome of yeast is broadly sequenced along with easy manipulation and in the laboratories. It is also vastly utilized in biotechnology field, owing to its distinctive functioning and related vital characters in many food fermentations and industrial processes. It is also highly used in alcohol fermentation due to its ability to convert sugars to ethanol in both anaerobic and aerobic conditions.
Brazil yeast market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 7.2% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
Segmentation: Brazil Yeast Market
Brazil yeast market is segmented on the basis of product type, form, strains, derivatives and applications
- The Brazil yeast market is segmented based on product type into baker’s yeast, brewer’s yeast, wine yeast, bioethanol yeast, feed yeast and others.
- In July 2017, Ohly (Germany) launched a natural yeast extract Ohly SAV-R-FULL for powerful taste and aroma. Ohly SAV-R-FULL provides umami and salty taste. By providing these authentic and ethenic flavours the company is increasing its footprints in Asian, African or Middle-Eastern and US markets.
- The Brazil yeast market is segmented based on form into fresh yeast, active dry yeast and instant yeast.
- In June 2018, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S (Denmark) launched the DVS SSC series of soft cheese starter culture. This is used to improve the taste and texture of the cheese material.
- The Brazil yeast market is segmented based on strains into Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Saccharomyces carlsbergiensis, Kluyveromyces lactis, Kluyveromyces fragilis, Cyberlindnera jadinii, Saccharomyces ludwigii, Torulaspora delbrueckii and others.
- In August 2009, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S (Denmark) introduced the pure wild yeast Torulaspora delbrueckii. Fermentation achieved with this wine strain increases the quality of wine.
- The Brazil yeast market is segmented based on derivatives into cell walls/MOS, high purified betaglucanes, yeast culture, DDGS, yeast autolysates, yeast bound to carriers, yeast hydrolysates and others.
- In June 2018, Leiber GmbH (Germany) received regulatory approval for Yestimun Beta-Glucan, which is an ingredient to enhance immunity from “Generally Recognized as Safe” (GRAS) US. This approval has resulted in the enhancement of product portfolio of the company.
- The Brazil yeast market is segmented based on applications into food, beverages, bioethanol, pharmaceuticals and feed.
- In May 2018, Biorigin (U.S.) promoted macrogard for fish health. Through this promotion the company created the awareness about the product.
Competitive Analysis: Brazil Yeast Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are AB Mauri, Lesaffre, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Biospringer, AB Vista, Alltech, AngelYeast Co., Ltd, Biorigin – Art in Natural Ingredients, DSM N.V, ICC, Kerry Group, LALLEMAND Inc., Leiber GmbH, Minn-Dak Yeast Company, Ohly, Oriental Yeast Co., ltd., Pacific Ethanol, Inc., Pakmaya, SUBONEYO Chemicals Pharmaceuticals P Limited, Synergy Flavors.
- In July 2017, Pacific Ethanol, Inc. (U.S.) acquired Illinois Corn Processing, LLC (U.S.). This development had increased the ethanol production in U.S
- In May 2018, Ohly (Germany) collaborated with Biotec Pharmacon ASA’s (Norway), to investigate the untapped opportunities in the land animal feed area. The company developed the use of yeast beta-glucan in this market segment
- In January 2016, Lallemand Inc (U.S.) expanded its plant care unit in Brazil by acquiring Laboratorio Farroupilha (Brazil). This acquisition expanded company’s production capacity and strengthened its research and development activities in the region
- In October 2015, Kerry Group (Ireland) opened the technology & innovation center in Ireland. Through this centre, the company would serve the Group’s global and regional customers in the EMEA [Europe, Middle East and Africa] region
- In August 2017, Biorigin (U.S. entered into strategic alliance agreement with Third Wave Bioactives (U.S.). This strategic alliance helped the Third Wave Bioactives in bringing more transparency in food production by utilizing Biorigin technology
Research Methodology: Brazil Yeast Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Food Industrialists, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnological Researchers. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.