The endoscopes are used in the inspection, examination, diagnosis and treatment of the disease associated with the bronchial tract, gastrointestinal tract (GI), larynx, urinary tract and other organs. The endoscopy is a minimally invasive diagnostic medical procedure and diagnosis of the internal body cavities are done with the endoscopes and visualize problems such as ulceration, cancer, inflammation and other diseases. The endoscope procedure is also used in the tissue removal with the small incision in the skin. The visualization system includes a light source that is used to provide the illumination for examination, diagnostic, and various therapeutic applications in the endoscopic procedures. The video monitors or displays are used in illuminating the parameters and to record the live video on the display which can be examined later on after the surgery or identify the disease.
U.S. surgical visualization products market is expected to reach at a CAGR of 10.3% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: U.S. Surgical Visualization Products Market
The U.S. surgical visualization products market is segmented based on product type, applications and end user.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into light sources, displays and monitors, endoscopic camera, camera heads, video recorders & processor, video converters and accessories. The endoscopic camera segment is further sub-segmented into HD cameras, 3D cameras, 3-Chip cameras and single chip cameras. Light source segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In September 2016, Olympus Corporation declared that big-screen surgery will be available for ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeons with 4K UHD (ultra-high definition). This will help Olympus to provide a range of comprehensive solutions to its.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into ENT endoscopy, laparoscopy, gastroscopy, obstetrics/gynecology endoscopy, arthroscopy, urology endoscopy and others. ENT endoscopy segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In October 2018, Olympus Corporationhas introduced the OER-Mini for ENT endoscopes. The OER-Mini for ENT endoscopes is a table top endoscopic reprocessor which is specifically designed to eliminate the manual steps of reprocessing endoscopes through high level disinfecting in order to improve reprocessing efficiency. It helped Olympus to provide simpler and faster treatment option for patients and have a strong market presence..
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospital, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty clinics and diagnostic imaging centers. Hospitals segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In October 2016, KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG launched new endoscopic NIR/ICG fluorescence imaging system to enhance minimally invasive surgery techniques. It will help KARL STORZ to provide surgeons a simpler solution to perform minimally invasive surgery using standard endoscopic visible light as well as an enhanced visual assessment of vessels, blood flow and related tissue perfusion, using near-infrared (NIR) imaging and will help to have a strong market presence..
Competitive Analysis: U.S. Surgical Visualization Products Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Karl Storz Gmbh & Co. Kg., Medtronic, CONMED Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, COOK GROUP, Smith & Nephew Plc, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Zowietek Electronics, Ltd, Cogentix Medical, ACUTRONIC Medical Systems AG, Optomic, Happersberger otopront GmbH, SonoScape Medical Corp, MEDI-CARE SOLUTIONS S.R.L, PENTAX Medical, Johnson & Johnson, MEDI-CARE SOLUTIONS S.R.L, Fujifilm Corporation and Stryker Among Others..
- In May 2018, KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG launched PDD Blue Light Flexible Video Cytoscopy System. This will help Karl Storz to provide a range of comprehensive solutions to its customers..
- In January 2016, Boston Scientific launched the LithoVue Single-Use Digital Flexible Ureteroscope in U.S. and China. This will help Boston Scientific to expand its business in the U.S. and China.
- In February 2015, Boston Scientific launched next generation Spyglass DS, a direct visualization system for advanced inspect, analyse, treat of pancreatico-biliary diseases. This will help Boston Scientific to expand its business.
- In November 2018, Cook launched Flourish Pediatric Esophageal Atresia device for infants in the U.S. This helped the company to expand its business and enhance the customer base.
Research Methodology: U.S. Surgical Visualization Products Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Doctors, Surgeons, Nurses, Researchers, Medical and Industrial Professionals, CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers