Radiation Therapy sole purpose is to treat tumors by targeting high beam of radiation on the affected region with minimal exposure to surrounding tissues. Modern radiotherapy uses high technology to try to achieve optimal local tumor control whilst minimizing treatment side effects to an acceptably low level. Aspects of the technology used for this goal include: computer systems for three-dimensional treatment planning and simulation, with accurate radiation dose deposition models and facilities for optimization of external radiation beam or brachytherapy source distribution; computer-controlled linear accelerators with dynamic beam collimation systems for external beam treatment or systems such as remote after loading for brachytherapy; and the use of radiation response models to characterize the treatment outcome and to enable the prediction of treatment outcomes for future patients’ treatments.
North America radiotherapy market is expected to reach at a CAGR of 7.8% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
Segmentation: North America Radiotherapy Market
North America radiotherapy market is segmented into three notable segments which are therapy type, product type and application.
- On the basis of therapy type, the market is segmented into beam radiotherapy, brachytherapy and systemic radiotherapy. Beam radiotherapy segment is further sub-segmented into IGRT, IMRT, Stereotactic Technology, Tomotherapy, 3D Conformal Radiotherapy and VMAT. Brachytherapy segmentis sub-segmented into LDR and HDR. Beam radiotherapy segment is growing at the highest CAGR of in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- On August 2016, Accuray announced the CE approval of Radixact Treatment Delivery System, Accuray Precision Treatment Planning System and iDMS Data Management System in Europe.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into external beam radiotherapy, internal radiotherapy products, radiotherapy softwares and systemic radiotherapy. External beam radiotherapy is further sub-segmented into LINAC, Cyber Knife, Proton Therapy and Gamma Knife. Proton therapy segment is further sub-segmented into Cyclotron and Synclotron. Internal radiotherapy products segment is further sub-segmented into Seeds and Afterloaders. Radiotherapy softwares segment is further sub segmented into treatment planning softwares, dosage planning softwares, patient positioning softwares and image guiding softwares. External beam radiotherapy segment is growing at the highest CAGR of in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- On June 2016, Elekta announces that Elekta’s Leksell Gamma Knife Icon has been cleared for clinical use by both the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission in the United States. Icon is the world’s most precise and sophisticated system for radiosurgery treatment of certain brain tumors, vascular malformations and functional disorders.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, spine cancer, liver cancer, brain cancer and others. Breast cancer segment is growing at the highest CAGR of in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- On Sptember 2016, Varian Medical Systems announced the launch of first of its kind 360 Oncology care management platform, the first software system designed to integrate and coordinate key elements of cancer care so patients and their cancer teams can collaborate on achieving the best outcomes.
Competitive Analysis: North America Radiotherapy Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Elekta AB, Accuray, Inc., CIVCO Medical Solutions, Brainlab AG, C. R. Bard, Inc., IsoRay Medical, Inc., Nordion, Inc., RaySearch Laboratories AB, PRECISIS AG, Mevion Medical Systems, Inc., Technicas Radiofiscas S.L., Hitachi, Ltd., Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, ProNova Solutions, LLC, and ProTom International among others.
- In September 2018, Varian Medical Systems, Inc.(U.S.) signed an agreement with Mediheal Group of Hospitals(Kenya) to expand access to radiotherapy in Kenya. This partnership agreement includes the supply of advanced linear accelerators to five new radiotherapy centerscentres across Kenya which will help in service, training and research collaboration opportunities.
- In March 2017, Accuray announced to launch new cancer patient websites. These website www.cyberknife.com and www.tomotherapy.com provides an additional resource for cancer patients to turn to for information about their disease and potential treatment options.
- In June 2017, Accuray Incorporated announced today it has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Radixact Treatment Delivery Platform. Accuray also received 510(k) clearance for its new treatment planning and data management systems, Accuray Precision Treatment Planning System and iDMS Data Management System.
Research Methodology: North America Radiotherapy Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Doctors, Surgeons, Researchers, Medical and Industrial Professionals, CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers