Market Analysis: Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 2.81 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 8.56 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 14.95% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing demand of UGV in defence sector is major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
Unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) is a vehicle that runs on ground without any human assistance. It is usually designed for the situations where it is impossible to have any human operators. It have many sensors that analyse the situation and make decision itself accordingly or forward the information to the operator at other location who will then accordingly control the vehicle with the help of teleoperations. It is widely used in military to carry supplies, and provide vigilance information.
- Increasing demand of UGV in civilian applications is driving the growth of this market
- Rising demand for autonomous control system is another factor driving the market growth
- Dearth of advanced visual capabilities in UGVS is restraining the market growth
- Restricted battery life is another factor restraining the market.
Segmentation: Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
- Small (10-200 Lbs)
- Medium (200 – 500 Lbs)
- Large (500 – 1000 Lbs)
- Very Large (1000 – 2000 Lbs)
- Extremely Large (>2000 Lbs)
By Mode of Operation
- Fully Autonomous
- Motor Encoders
- Articulated Arms
- Gps Antennas
- Controller System
- Navigation System
- Power System
- Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Search & Rescue
- Combat Support
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Mine Clearance
- Law Enforcement
- Federal Law Enforcement
- Oil & Gas
- Physical Security
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, FLIR Systems, Inc. announced that they have acquired Endeavor Robotic Holdings, Inc who develops unmanned ground vehicle for public safety, military and critical infrastructure market. The main aim of the acquisition to develop intelligent sensors which can save lives. This will also help the company to expand their business worldwide and provide better technologies to their customers.
- In October 2016, Milrem, and QinetiQ announced the launch of their first fully modular, hybrid unmanned ground vehicle- Titan. It is specially designed with h QinetiQ’s robotic control technology – the TRC (Tactical Robot Controller) and RAK (Robotic Appliqué Kit). It is made for military application which will assist and replace soldiers so that they can perform their tasks in the battlefield. This new UGV also increases efficiency and reduce operator workload and reduce overall cost.
Competitive Analysis: Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
Global unmanned ground vehicle market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of unmanned ground vehicle market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in global unmanned ground vehicle market are QinetiQ, Northrop Grumman Corporation, ENDEAVOR ROBOTICS, INC., Cobham plc, ICOR Technology, ASELSAN A.Ş, RE2, Inc., Nexter Systems, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Oshkosh Corporation, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Harris Corporation, General Dynamics Corporation, Robo-Team Ltd, DOK-ING d.o.o., Boston Dynamics, Leonardo DRS, Autonomous Solutions Inc., BAE Systems, Rheinmetall AG, ReconRobotics Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved