Market Analysis: Global Television Broadcasting Services Market
The Global Television Broadcasting Services Market is expected to reach USD 753.1 billion by 2025 from USD 407.7 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Television Broadcasting Services Market
Television Broadcasting is a broadcasting service in which signals are transferred by radio waves for public reception along with the receivers which are tuned to signal channel. These are the TV business where a noteworthy revolution has been seen along with the approach of advanced telecom and the internet. With the solid entrance of Internet as well as developing computerized ecosystems around the globe, online TV broadcasting has been extended in the previous decade. Moreover, customary pay TV still rules the TV broadcasting advertisements. According to Statista, in 2017, the telecommunication market was valued around USD 1.4 trillion and is estimated to grow around USD 1.46 trillion by 2020. According to Outlook report, The U.S. media and entertainment industry is USD 735 billion which includes television program, commercials, streaming content, broadcast, radio and other. The industry is expected to reach around USD 830 billion by 2022. Thus, it proves that growth in the telecommunication industry will definitely derive the demand of television broadcasting market.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Growing digitalization and consumption of digital content
- Rising need of enterprises in order to reach large audiences and potential customers
- Increasing demand for advertisement and high definition content
- Implementation of strict regulations in different countries
Market Segmentation: Global Television Broadcasting Services Market
- The global television broadcasting services market is segmented based on delivery platform, broadcaster, service model and geographical segments.
- Based on delivery platform, the market is segmented into satellite broadcast, digital terrestrial broadcast, Over-The-Top Television (OTT), Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and cable television broadcasting services.
- On the basis of broadcaster, the market is segmented into public and commercial.
- On the basis of service model, the market is segmented into advertisement and subscription. Advertisement segment is sub segmented into digital interactive broadcasting. Subscription segment is sub segmented into pay-per-view and on demand.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore,, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Television Broadcasting Services Market
The global television broadcasting services market is consolidated due to the presence of limited number of players concentrated in few countries. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
In October, 2014, CBS Interactive Inc. (U.S.) launched an extensive digital subscription service named as CBS All Access which will provide thousands of episodes from CBS television’s current cast, classic shows and previous seasons.
In July, 2017, Cheddar (U.S.) launched a service named as Cheddar Local which provides the latest business headlines to local news broadcasts, specific to respective region.
Major Market Competitors: Global Television Broadcasting Services Market
Some of the major players in global television broadcasting services market are CBS Interactive Inc., British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), A&E Television Networks.LLC, CANAL+ GROUP, AT&T, Inc., Channel Four Television Corporation, RTL Group, CenturyLink, Warner Media, LLC. 21st Century Fox, Tivo Corporation, CBC/Radio-Canada, Viacom Inc., SES S.A, Red Bee Media., Tata Communications Ltd. and Heartland Media.LLC are among the others.
Research Methodology: Global Television Broadcasting Services Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.