Market Analysis: Global Synthetic Biology Platforms Market
Global Synthetic Biology Platforms Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 4.35 billion to an estimated value of USD 18.84 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 20.01% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Rising demand for synthetic genes and cells among consumer is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Synthetic Biology Platforms Market
Synthetic biology is a technology which is designed to make biology easy for the engineer. They usually combines the domains like biotechnology, molecular engineering, biophysics, electrical and computer engineering, evolutionary biology and genetic engineering. They are usually made by molding the components like genetic circuits, metabolic pathways and enzymes. The main aim of the synthetic biology is natural product synthesis, applies protein design, synthetic genomics and standardized biological parts. These days there is increase investment in R&D on synthetic biology which is the major factor fueling the growth of this market.
- Increasing R&D investments on synthetic biology is driving the growth of this market
- Rising awareness among consumer about fuel consumption is another factor driving the growth of this market.
- Increasing environmental and security concerns among population is restraining the growth of this market
- Rising levelness of the biological parts is another factor restraining the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Synthetic Biology Platforms Market
By Tool and Technology
- Cloning Technology Kits
- Chassis Organisms
- Xeno-Nucleic Acids
- Gene Synthesis
- Genome Engineering
- Cloning and Sequencing
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Site-Directed Mutagenesis
- Measurement and Modeling
- Computational Modelling
- Medical Applications
- Drug Discovery and Therapeutics
- Artificial Tissue and Tissue Regeneration
- Industrial Applications
- Biofuel and Renewable Energy
- Biomaterials and Green Chemicals
- Industrial Enzymes
- Food and Agriculture
- Environmental Applications
- Core Product
- Synthetic DNA
- Synthetic Genes
- Synthetic Cells
- XNA (Xeno Nucleic Acid)
- Chassis Organisms
- Enabling Product
- DNA Synthesis
- Oligonucleotide Synthesis
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, Locus Biosciences Inc., announced that they have acquired EpiBiome, Inc. The main aim of the acquisition is to produce products so that they can treat antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections and precisely edit the microbiome. It will also help the Locus to expand their product portfolio and will also improve their efficiency levels.
- In January 2017, Intrexon Corporation announced that they have acquired GenVec, Inc. so that they can expand their gene transfer capabilities that contain various viral and non- viral platforms. The GenVec’s AdenoVerse technology will also help the Intrexon Corporaton is to expand their portfolio in gene therapy by developing new products.
Competitive Analysis: Global Synthetic Biology Platforms Market
Global synthetic biology platforms market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of synthetic biology platforms market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Synthetic Biology Platforms Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global synthetic biology platforms market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Novozymes, Merck KGaA, intrexon, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Amyris, GenScript, Ginkgo Bioworks, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc., New England Biolabs, Synthetic Genomics Inc., Twist Bioscience., DSM, DuPont., LOCUS BIOSCIENCES, INC.
Research Methodology: Global Synthetic Biology Platforms Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global synthetic biology platforms market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)