Global Styrene Butadiene Latex Market By Type (Emulsion Styrene Butadiene Latex, Solution Styrene Butadiene Latex), Butadiene Content (Low, Medium, High), Application (Paper Processing, Fiber & Carpet Processing, Glass Fiber Processing, Paints & Coatings, Adhesives, Mortar Additives, Foams & Mattresses, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Styrene Butadiene Latex Market
Global styrene butadiene latex market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 9.38 billion by 2026, registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant rise of the overall adhesives and paper industry.
Market Definition: Global Styrene Butadiene Latex Market
Styrene butadiene latex is a synthetic polymers produced from styrene and butadiene with the process of emulsion polymerization. It is similar to styrene butadiene rubber in the production process and the raw materials utilized in its production, but the product differs from rubber that it has greater density, resulting in greater strength to the compound as compared to rubbers. This also means that it retains its original shape quite easily even after being stretched.
- High levels of demand from the automotive and construction industry which subsequently give rise to adhesives; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Advancements of technologies in the paper products market is expected to bode well for the styrene butadiene latex market
- Increasing initiatives undertaken by various manufacturers to invest heavily in R&D to implement innovative manufacturing methods of the product is expected to bode well for the growth of the market
- Increasing demand for carpet and fiber products is also expected to bode well for the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the high costs associated with the feedstock and their vulnerable pricing in the market is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Environmental concerns related to paper products amid deforestation activities are factors reducing the adoption of the product
Segmentation: Global Styrene Butadiene Latex Market
- Emulsion Styrene Butadiene Latex
- Solution Styrene Butadiene Latex
By Butadiene Content
- Paper Processing
- Fiber & Carpet Processing
- Glass Fiber Processing
- Paints & Coatings
- Mortar Additives
- Foams & Mattresses
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Trinseo announced that they had agreed to acquire the latex production operations of The Dow Chemical Company and their associated infrastructure situated at Rheinmunster, Germany. This acquisition will help in directly affecting the capabilities of latex binders operations of Trinseo while improving the technologies associated with the production and advancements of the product
- In February 2018, synthomer plc announced that they had completed the acquisition of BASF SE’s SBR (styrene butadiene rubber) business for the Austrian region. The product is produced with specific applications in the paper industry as well as the packaging market. This acquisition will help in greater revenue opportunities for synthomer plc especially for the European region
Global styrene butadiene latex market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of styrene butadiene latex market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global styrene butadiene latex market are Trinseo; BASF SE; Dow; Asahi Kasei Corporation; synthomer plc; LG Chem; OMNOVA Solutions Inc.; The Synthetic Latex Company (Pty) Ltd; ZEON CORPORATION; Mallard Creek Polymers; Textile Rubber & Chemical Company Inc.; NANTEX Industry Co., Ltd.; U.S. Adhesives, Inc.; The Euclid Chemical Company; LANXESS; KUMHO PETROCHEMICAL; ARLANXEO; Rishiroop Ltd.; HANSOLCHEMICAL; Jubilant; Reliance Industries Limited and SRI Impex Pvt. Ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Styrene Butadiene Latex Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved