Global Stretchable Electronics Market By Product (Automatic, Manual), Components (Circuits, EAPs, Batteries, Conductors, Photovoltaics, Sensors, LEDs, Energy Harvesters), Application (Consumer Products, Automotive Electronics, Healthcare, Aerospace & Defense, Textiles, Telecom), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Stretchable Electronics Market
Global stretchable electronics market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 78.47% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing innovations in technology available at the disposal of manufacturers regarding the development and assembling of these products.
Market Definition: Global Stretchable Electronics Market
Stretchable electronics are products that are developed with an innovative method which involves using stretchable materials as base wherein the electronic components are applied, and their functionalities are not affected. These electronics involve using silicones, polyurethanes as the substrate and using various chemical components which are used for manufacturing of PCB’s and the combination of these products help in developing the aforementioned stretchable electronics, also known as elastic circuits.
- Rapid investments and focus on developing stretchable electronics for the wearables market amid growing prevalence of IoT
- Growth in the demand for these products from the consumer-based products market and a rising focus on developing organic solar cells; this factor is expected to foster growth of the market
- Growing presence of emerging start-ups dealing in the manufacturing and development of stretchable electronics; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increased adoption of wearable devices and components is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Significant costs and high resource consumption process associated with the development of these products is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Availability for more advanced and innovative technological offerings providing stiff competition to the product; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Complications in advancing the technological process of manufacturing and development of these products; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Stretchable Electronics Market
- Electroactive Polymers (EAPs)
- Strain Sensors
- Pressure Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
- Energy Harvesters
- Solar Cells
- Consumer Products
- Mobile Devices
- Wearable Devices
- Automotive Electronics
- Digital Health Devices
- Medical Devices
- Aerospace & Defense
Key Developments in the Market:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- In January 2019, Forciot Ltd announced that they had received four million euros from Volvo AB and Heraeus. This financial funding will provide Forciot Ltd with production capabilities at a greater volume enabling them to expand their distribution capabilities and geographical presence. Forciot has already developed a technology for stretchable electronics which records force, weight, balance and pressure applicable in automotive, logistics and wearables.
- In June 2017, NextFlex announced that they had awarded a development project for flexible hybrid electronics worth three million euros to Optomec, Lockheed Martin and GE. The three organizations will contribute a variety of services and products to develop electronics that can be applied on 3D surfaces. The project has been titled, “Conformal Printing of Conductor and Dielectric Materials onto Complex 3D Surfaces”.
Competitive Analysis: Global Stretchable Electronics Market
Global stretchable electronics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of stretchable electronics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Stretchable Electronics Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global stretchable electronics market are Forciot Ltd; RISE Acreo; SRI International; AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION; Cambrios Technologies Corp.; Canatu Oy; GCell; Georgia Institute of Technology; Holst Centre; IMEC; MC10; Northwestern University; PowerFilm Solar Inc.; Shimmer; DuPont de Nemours, Inc.; Touchcode Holdings, LLC; Verhaert New Products & Services NV; Apple Inc.; NextFlex; Palo Alto Research Center Incorporated; FINELINE Ltd.; StretchSense Limited; tacterion GmbH; Bainisha cvba and Leap Technology ApS among others.
Research Methodology: Global Stretchable Electronics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call
or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research
team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved