Market Analysis: Global Sports & Energy Drinks Market
The sports & energy drinks market accounted to USD 25.6 billion in 2016 growing at a CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2024. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015, the base year of calculation is 2016 and the forecast period is 2017 to 2024.
Market Definition: Global Sports & Energy Drinks Market
Sports & energy drinks are majorly consumed by athletes for hydration. Sports drinks provide a proper balance of carbohydrates, electrolytes and other vitamins to the body. The sports and energy drinks are marketed at various platforms such as extreme sports events, rock concerts and motor sport races to enhance their customer base.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Rising awareness of sports & energy drinks
- Increased campaigns by key players to promote energy drinks for tapping customers other than athletes
- Innovative products with wide range of flavors
- Stringent regulatory framework
- Health risks associated with the consumption of sports & energy drinks
Market Segmentation: Global Sports & Energy Drinks Market
- By product type the market for sports & energy drinks market is segmented into sports drink and energy drinks.
- The sports drinks market is sub-segmented on the basis of types into isotonic, hypertonic, and hypotonic. By application the sports drink market is sub-segmented into Before Exercise, During Exercise, and Recovery. By ingredients the sports drinks market is sub-segmented into Carbohydrates, Electrolytes, Flavor, Preservatives, Others.
- The energy drinks market is sub-segmented on the basis of types into alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. On the basis on ingredients, the energy drink market is sub-segmented Caffeine, Taurine, Guarana, Vitamin B, L-Carnitine, Antioxidants, others. By consumption time, the energy drink market is sub-segmented into before 11 am, 11-2 pm, 2-5 pm, 5-8 pm, post 8 pm.
- By distribution channel the sports & energy drinks market is segmented into Store-based Retailer, Non-store Retailer. The store-based retailer segment is sub-segmented into grocery retailers, supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores and others.
- On the basis of geography, sports & energy drinks market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Sports & Energy Drinks Market
The sports & energy drinks market is highly fragmented and is based on new product launches and clinical results of products. Hence the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, clinical trials, market initiatives, high expense on research and development, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sports & energy drinks market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors: Global Sports & Energy Drinks Market
Some of the major players operating in sports & energy drinks market are PepsiCo, Inc., Coca-Cola, Inc., Red Bull Gmbh, Monster Beverage Corportaion., TC Pharmaceutical Industries, Otsuka Holdings, Rockstar, Abbott Nutrition INC., Arctico Beverage Company International INC., Britvic PLC, Champion Nutrition Inc., AJE Group, Arctico Beverage Company International Inc, Champion Nutrition Inc., Cloud 9 Energy Drink, D’angelo, Frucor Beverages Ltd, Kraft Foods Inc., among others.
Research Methodology: Global Sports & Energy Drinks Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Athletes, Retailers, Suppliers, Traders, Regulatory Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Sport & Energy drinks Manufacturers, Suppliers, Traders & Distributors, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.