Global Self-Healing Composites Market, By End-Use (Automotive & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Electrical & Electronics, Wind Energy, Construction & Infrastructure, Pipes & Tanks, Marine, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Self-Healing Composites Market
Global self-healing composites market is set to witness a significant CAGR inducing a high amount of growth of the market in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018, and historic years of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing adoption of the product in different materials and its characteristics increasing its demand.
Market Definition: Global Self-Healing Composites Market
Self-healing composites are materials that have the ability to heal themselves automatically, these composites are categorized namely; capsule based which contains liquid inside these capsules capable of filling and closing the cracks. Whenever cracks occur, they use these capsules which are integrated into the material surface to rupture and fill it with liquid. The other is vascular self-healing which uses the same concept of capsule based on a macro level through a circulation system which helps in continuous healing.
- Growing technological advancements and increase in adoption of the product in different applications is expected to drive the market growth
- Higher strength in relation to other materials and increased product life due to self-healing is expected to drive the market growth
- High cost of product in comparison to traditional materials is expected to restrain the market growth
- Difficulty in increasing production capacity and high cost of production process is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Self-Healing Composites Market
- Automotive & Transportation
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
- Wind Energy
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Pipes & Tanks
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Solvay and European International Council (EIC) hosted an event in Brussles, Belgium on October 16, for start-ups to measure the innovation undergone in advanced materials and composite in consumer goods and next generation mobility.
- In December 2015, Solvay announced that they had completed the acquisition of Cytec. This acquisition is aimed at expanding and using significant business opportunities in relation to advanced lightweight materials.
Competitive Analysis: Global Self-Healing Composites Market
Global self-healing composites market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of self-healing composites market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Self-Healing Composites Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the self-healing composites market are Solvay, TORAY INDUSTRIES INC., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Hexcel Corporation, HYOSUNG, TEIJIN LIMITED, Owens Corning, PPG Industries Inc., Huntsman International LLC, SGL Carbon SE, Momentive, DuPont, Saint-Gobain, Weyerhaeuser NR Company, Chongqing Polycomp International Corporation, and Jushi Group Co. Ltd.
Research Methodology: Global Self-Healing Composites Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved