Global Ready to Eat Food Market,By Product (Meat/Poultry Products, Cereal Based Products, Vegetable Based Products, Others), Packaging (Canned, Frozen or Chilled, Retort, Others), Distribution Channel (Hypermarket/Supermarket, Convenience/Departmental Store, Specialty Store, Online Store, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Ready to Eat Food Market
Global Ready to Eat Food Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 114,387.81 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 219,693.73 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 8.50% during the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to rising need of plant protein amid rising amount of health concerns and veganism worldwide.
Market Definition: Global Ready to Eat Food Market
Ready to eat food is plant and animal derived food that is initially washed, then cooked after which it is frozen and processed to be consumed after heating directly. This process saves energy and time of consumers. People now prefer to eat nutritional small quantity of ready to eat food instead of traditional large meals due to their busy lifestyle.
- Rapid urbanization and high disposable income is expected to drive the market growth
- Lack of time to cook at home due to busy schedules is also expected to drive the market growth
- Poor sensory properties of ready-to-eat food is expected to restrain the market growth
- Rising health consciousness among the consumers is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Ready to Eat Food Market
- By Product
- Meat/Poultry Products
- Cereal Based Products
- Vegetable Based Products
- By Packaging
- Frozen or Chilled
- By Distribution Channel
- Convenience/Departmental Store
- Specialty Store
- Online Store
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Bakkavor Foods Ltd. acquired Haydens Bakery Ltd (U.K.). This helped the company expand its dessert portfolio and extend it’s in store bakery offer.
- In July 2018, Nomad Foods completed the acquisition of Aunt Bessie Limited(U.K.) from William Jackson & Son Limited(U.K.).This acquisition will help the company further develops its portfolio in the UK with strong brand positioning and market leadership in frozen roast potatoes and frozen Yorkshire puddings.
Competitive Analysis: Global Ready to Eat Food Market
Global ready to eat food market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ready to eat food market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Ready to Eat Food Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the ready to eat food market are Nomad Foods Ltd., Bakkavor Foods Ltd., General Mills Inc., McCain Foods., Premier Foods Group Ltd., 2 Sisters Food Group., Greencore Group Plc., Orkla ASA, ConAgra Foods Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, Birds Eye Ltd., Findus Group Ltd., ITC Limited, Nestle, Conagra Brands, Inc., Unilever, The Kraft Heinz Company., CSC Brand LP., Hormel Foods Corporation., Tyson Foods, Inc., Fleury Michon, Grupo Herdez Food Services, Greencore Group plc
Research Methodology: Global Ready to Eat Food Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of Market Segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market Drivers and Restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure