Market Analysis: Global Prenatal Genetic Testing Market
Global Prenatal Genetic Testing Market is expected to rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 92.32 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 29.2% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 with the annual sales of USD 11.89 billion in year 2018.
Market Definition: Global Prenatal Genetic Testing Market
Prenatal testing enables us to detect the problems associated with the pregnancy. Prenatal genetic testing is done to know the birth defects such as Down syndrome, Trisomy 13, Trisomy 18 and others that are associated with genetic disorder of an unborn child before birth or during pregnancy.
According to World Health Organization, about 2%-5% of all live births, account for up to 30% of pediatric hospital admissions and cause about 50% of childhood deaths in industrialized countries, almost more than half of these deaths could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical equipment and devices for healthcare procedures. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- Increasing prevalence of genetic diseases such as down syndrome, edward syndrome and patau syndrome and rising awareness among population.
- Rising demand for prenatal testing for identifying genetic abnormalities.
- Increasing approaches for novel diagnostic techniques and tools.
- High test costs make it unaffordable for the middle class people.
- High skilled professionals are required.
Segmentation: Global Prenatal Genetic Testing Market
- Diagnostics Methods
- Screening Techniques
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Tests
- Maternal Serum Screening
By Screening Techniques
- Carrier screening
- Sequential screening
- Maternal serum quad screening
By End Users
- Diagnostic centers
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Huntington’s Disease
- Rare Diseases
- Other Diseases
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- On 7th November 2017, Progenity announced Closing of $125 Million Financing for Prenatal-Women’s Health Genetics and Gastrointestinal/Inflammatory Bowel Disease Precision Medicine. The financing was led by a fund managed by an existing investor, Athyrium Capital Management.
- On 30th April, 2019, HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc., a diagnostic company whose mission is to advance precision medicine, announced that it has amended its IVD Test Development and Component Supply Agreement with Illumina, Inc. (Illumina). It will help company to grow in the market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Prenatal Genetic Testing Market
Global prenatal genetic testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of prenatal genetic testing for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Prenatal Genetic Testing Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the dosage cups market are Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (US), Agilent Technologies Inc. (US), Illumina, Inc (US), Natera Inc. (US) Abbott (US), Cepheid (US), ELITech Group (France), Autogenomics (US), Sequenom (US), GeneDx (US), 23andMe, Inc. (US), Ambry Genetics (US), Invitae Corporation (US), Pathway Genomics (US), Progenity, Inc. (US), and few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Prenatal Genetic Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global prenatal genetic testing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)