Market Analysis: Global Over the Top (OTT) Services Market
The Global Over the Top (OTT) Services Market is expected to reach USD 132.4 million by 2025 from USD 37.21 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.2% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Over the Top (OTT) Services Market
Over the top (OTT) services provide film and television content via a high speed internet connection instead of cable or satellite provider. It helps in easy access to high fidelity data network and provide buffer free experience to the user. User have to pay for these services, Amazon Prime videos, Netflix, iTunes are some example of these services. According to Select USA, the U.S. media and entertainment industry is around USD 735 billion. This includes television program & commercials, streaming content, motion pictures, music and audio recordings, broadcast and other .As per the Statista, in 2017, the telecommunication market was valued around USD 1.4 trillion and estimated to grow around USD 1.46 trillion by 2020. Thus above factor shows that the entertainment and telecommunication industry is growing and will derive the demand of Over the Top (OTT) Services.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Raise in wide availability of broadband infrastructure
- Growing personalization of technology
- Increase in requirement for compliance and verification
- Lack of awareness about the benefits of OTT
Market Segmentation: Global Over the Top (OTT) Services Market
- The market is based on content type, platform, deployment mode, service type, user type and revenue model, vertical and geographical segments.
- Based on content type, the market is segmented into voice over IP, text and image and video.
- Based on platform, the market is segmented into smart devices, laptops, desktops and tablets, set top box, gaming consoles.
- Based on deployment mode, the market is segmented into cloud and on-premises.
- Based on service type, the market is segmented into consulting, installation and maintenance, training and support and managed services.
- Based on user type, the market is segmented into small office home office, small and medium enterprises (SME) and large enterprises.
- Based on revenue model, the market is segmented into subscription, rental, procurement and advertisement.
- Based on vertical, the market is segmented into media and entertainment (filmed entertainment, global digital marketing) healthcare, IT and telecommunication, retail, education, government, others.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Over the Top (OTT) Services Market
The global over the top (OTT) services market is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market in order to sustain in long run. The report includes market shares of over the top (OTT) services market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
In 2016, Facebook Inc. came into an agreement with La Liga’s football federation broadcasting rights signals the power of OTT market.
Key Players: Global Over the Top (OTT) Services Market
The renowned players in over the top (OTT) services market are Amazon Inc., Apple, Inc., Rakuten, Inc., Evernote Corporation, Dropbox, Inc., Hulu, LLC, Skype, Google, Inc., Netflix, Inc., LinkedIn Corp., Twitter Inc., Facebook, Inc., Yahoo Inc., Nimbuzz, Microsoft Corporation, Limelight Networks, Inc., Akamai Technologies, IBM Corporation, Roku Inc., Brightcove Inc., Kaltura Inc., ActiveVideo, HBO NOW and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Over the Top (OTT) Services Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among other