Market Analysis: Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market
The Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.2% in the forecast period of 2019-2026, raising the initial estimated market value from USD 2.43 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of 3.93 billion by 2026. This trend can be attributed to prevalence of eye diseases due to the rising levels of geriatric population and the need to examine the optic diseases properly.
Optometry is the study of eyes and other visual systems applicable accordingly for any defects or diseases. This study requires the involvement of mechanical equipment or devices that aid the doctor or physician in identifying the defects or diseases in relation to the eyes.
- Rising levels of geriatric population, accompanied by optic diseases in their age group are expected to drive the market growth
- Government awareness programs and initiatives to tackle optic diseases, is also expected to drive the market growth
- High cost of these devices is expected to restrain the market growth
- With high costs, usage of refurbished devices is rising, and that is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Market Segmentation: Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market
- By Type
- Retina and Glaucoma Examination Products
- OCT Scanners
- Fundus Cameras
- Perimeters/Visual Field Analyzers
- General Examination Products
- Autorefractors and Keratometers
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems
- Slit Lamps
- Chart Projectors
- Cornea and Cataract Examination Products
- Wavefront Aberrometers
- Corneal Topography Systems
- Specular Microscopes
- Optical Biometry Systems
- Retina and Glaucoma Examination Products
- By End-User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market: Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market
- In April 2018, Nidek announced that they had launched a company in Korea to handle the different regulations pertaining to the region and expand its market for medical devices.
- In August 2017, Zeiss announced the acquisition of Veracity announced their intention to digitalize eye care and provide personalized treatment and care to patients and doctors providing the relevant data for easy access
Competitive Analysis: Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market
The Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market are Carl Zeiss AG, HAAG-STREIT GROUP, TOPCON CORPORATION, NIDEK CO. LTD., Luneau Technology Inc., Heidelberg Engineering GmbH., Novartis AG, Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd., Canon Inc., Essilor, Heine Optotechnik, Bausch Health, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems, ARW Optical Corporation, Ocular Instruments, Bayou Ophthalmic Instruments, BiB Ophthalmic Instruments, Veatch Ophthalmic Instruments and Associated Optical.
Research Methodology: Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of Global Optometry/Eye Exam Equipment Market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)