Global Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Drug Market By Symptoms Type (Contamination Obsessions with Cleaning Compulsions, Checking Compulsions, Obsessions Without Visible Compulsions, Symmetry obsessions with ordering compulsions and Hoarding), Therapy Type (Cognitive behavioral therapy, Augmentation therapy, Aversion therapy, Systematic desensitization and others), Mechanism of Class Type (Anti-depressants, Anti-anxiety, Anti-psychotics and Benzodiazepines), Mechanism of Action Type (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, Serotonin reuptake inhibitors), Brand Type (Anafranil, Prozac, Luvox, Paxil, Zoloft and Others), Route of Administration (Orals and injectable), End - User (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Drug Market
Global obsessive-compulsive disorder drug market to grow with substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing incidence of patients diagnosed with mental disorders and change in life style and quality of life are factors contribute to the rise market growth.
Market Definition: Global Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Drug Market
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is mental disorders that is characterized by repeated pattern of unreasonable thoughts and fears and make you to do unwanted activities. It affects patients of all age. Patient may experience intrusive thoughts, under stress all the time, and unnecessary fears etc.
According to the article published in The Oaks at La Paloma Treatment Center, 2018, it was estimated that over 2.2 million patients diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder in the United States in which the ration of man and women are equally prevalent. Increasing cases of OCD worldwide, changes in life style and environmental stress among people are the drivers to the market growth.
- Increases of cases of prevalence rate of infectious diseases worldwide
- Advances in treatment, therapies and novel treatment
- Robust pipelines for development of newer treatment
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry of the patented drugs and introduction of generic version of branded drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Inadequate awareness about obsessive-compulsive disorder treatment in some developing countries
Segmentation: Global Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Drug Market
By Symptoms Type
By Therapy Type
- Contamination Obsessions with Cleaning Compulsions
- Checking Compulsions
- Obsessions without Visible Compulsions
- Symmetry obsessions with ordering compulsions
By Mechanism Class Type
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Aversion therapy
- Augmentation therapy
- Systematic desensitization
By Mechanism of action type
By Brand Type
- Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRIs)
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
Key Developments in the Market:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- In August 2018, Brainsway received marketing approval from the FDA for Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation System, a device that stimulates the nerve cells in the brain for treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- In December 2017, Zydus Cadila received FDA approval for clomipramine hydrochloride for the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Competitive Analysis: Global Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Drug Market
Global obsessive-compulsive disorder drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of obsessive-compulsive disorder drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the obsessive-compulsive disorder drug market are Abbott, Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi, Novartis AG, AbbVie Inc, Eli Lilly and Company, AstraZeneca, Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd, Brainsway, Sellas, Mylan N.V., Addex therapeutics, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Omeros Corporation, C4x discovery holdings plc. Zydus Cadila and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call
or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research
team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global obsessive-compulsive disorder drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players