Market Analysis: Global Milk Protein Market
The global milk protein market is expected to reach USD15.0 billion by 2025, from USD 9.78 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Milk Protein Market
Milk protein concentrate is a concentrated milk ingredient and mostly available in the powdered form. Milk protein is skimmed milk powder with low lactose content. Ultrafiltration process is used to remove lactose from the milk powder. This Ultrafiltration process can be adjusted for the production of wide range of milk protein concentrate. Due to rise in demand for healthy protein-rich food products among consumers is one of the major drivers for development of milk protein food products with the focus on milk powder. The milk protein has various benefits such as less moisture and high shelf-life. According to the article published by National Dairy Development Board, it has been estimated that in the year 2015, the total milk production across the world was approximately USD 806.70 million tons. Dairy farming which is engaged with the milk production is also one of the large contributors of the milk market. The major players in the milk protein are making various developments such as launch of new products, opening new research and development centres, and new plants for contributing to the growth of the milk protein market. Prolacta Bioscience Inc, which is one of the key players for the milk protein market has launched easier-to-read labels for its human milk-based neonatal nutritional products. These labels have a distinct palette of bright new colours with larger, more prominent product names for clearer product identification. Such innovate steps taken by the key players tend to enhance the market growth.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increase in awareness about health & wellness
- Increase in demand for nutrition-based products in sports nutrition, infant formulas, and clinical nutrition
- Increase in demand for high-protein food in the confectionery and bakery industry.
- The product has various alternatives such as plant protein.
Market Segmentation: Global Milk Protein Market
- The global milk protein market is segmented based on source, type, application, livestock, brand, functionality, processing method, and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the global milk protein market is segmented into whey protein concentrates, whey protein isolates, casein & caseinates, milk protein concentrates, milk protein isolates, milk protein hydrolysates, and other milk protein.
- On the basis of livestock, the global milk protein market is classified into cow, buffalo, and goat
- On the basis of application, the global milk protein market is classified into infant formula, sports nutrition, dairy products, and others
- On the basis of form, the global milk protein market is classified into dry form, and liquid form.
- On the basis of brand, the global milk protein market is classified into prolacta, sureprotein, lacprodan, solmiko, germanprot, germanmicell, solago, hyfoama, versawship, and hygel, ultranor, hyprol, provon, avonlac & thermax, refit, excellion, hiprotal, pronativ.
- On the basis of functionality, the global milk protein market is classified into emulsification, foaming, and thickening, color/flavor development, gelation and heat stability.
- On the basis of processing method, the global milk protein market is classified into pasteurization, creaming and homogenization, filtration, drying, and sprays drying.
- Based on geography, the global milk protein market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Milk Protein Market
The global milk protein market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of milk protein market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Milk Protein Market
Some of the major players operating in the global milk protein market are - Lactalis Ingredients, Fonterra Co-Operative Group, Friesland campina, Arla Foods, Saputo Ingredients, Glanbia PLC, Kerry Group, Havero Hoogwewt, Sachsenmilch Leppersdorf GmbH, Amco Protein, Fonterra Co-Operative Group, Lactalis Ingredients,Amul, Nestle, Ingredion Incorporated, and many more
Research Methodology: Global Milk Protein Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others