Market Analysis: Global Medical Instruments Disinfections Market
Global Medical Instruments Disinfections Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 5.50 in 2018 billion to an estimated value of USD 9.44 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Market Definition: Global Medical Instruments Disinfections Market
Medical equipment is designed to aid in diagnosis, monitoring and the treatment of medical conditions, also known as armamentarium. Disinfectants are the anti-bacterial agents which are used to clean or disinfect the medical instruments. Disinfectants are less effective than sterilization as it does not kill all the micro-organisms, especially resistant bacteria spores. A disinfectant destroys the cell wall of microbes or interfering with the metabolism, which differentiate it from the antibiotics and biocides. Disinfectants are mostly used in the hospitals, clinics, laboratories, and ICU. Disinfector’s are an efficient tool for the cleaning & thermal disinfection of all the medical instruments and accessories.
Approx. 27 million surgical procedures are performed in the US each year, with up to 5% resulting in surgical site infections (SSI). Trends in the incidence of SSI are monitored by the National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance (NNIS) system of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). According to NNIS data, SSIs are the third most frequently reported nosocomial infection and are associated with substantial morbidity that can endanger a patient’s life, increase the number of days in the hospital, and increase healthcare costs.
- Technological advancement in medical disinfections equipment, this significant act as driver to the market.
- Stringent regulations, this act as restraints to the market.
Segmentation: Global Medical Instruments Disinfections Market
By Product Type
- Single Chamber
- Multi Chamber
- Uv Rays Disinfectors
- Endoscopic Reprocessors
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Pharma Manufacturers
By Distribution Channel
- Over The Counter (OTC)
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, Fortive Corporation announced that they acquire the Advanced Sterilization Products Business from Johnson & Johnson, ASP is a leading global provider of innovative sterilization and disinfection solutions and pioneered low-temperature hydrogen peroxide sterilization technology.
- In September 2017, Biosafe Defenses has recently patented a new line of light-activated antibacterial disinfectant. This id to use a method of disinfecting objects with light-activated conjugated polyelectrolytes. This focus to provide a better solution than bleaches or current disinfectants.
Competitive Analysis: Global Medical Instruments Disinfections Market
Global medical instruments disinfections market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of medical instruments disinfections market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Medical Instruments Disinfections Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the medical instruments disinfections market are 3M (US), STERIS plc. (Ireland), STEELCO S.p.A. (Europe), Schülke & Mayr GmbH (Germany), O&M Halyard (US), Bergen Group of Companies, Ecolab (US), Tristel (UK), Belimed (Switzerland), Advanced Sterilization Products Division Ethicon US, LLC. (US), Getinge AB. (Europe), JAYCO, INC. (US), MMM Group (Germany), Cantel Medical (US), MATACHANA GROUP (Europe), hy-medical International Construction Corporation (China), STERIS (UK), TSO3 INC. (Canada), SAKURA SI CO., LTD. (Japan), Crest Ultrasonics Corporation (US), McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc. and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Medical Instruments Disinfections Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global medical instruments disinfections market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)