Market Analysis: Global Lithotripsy Devices Market
The Global Lithotripsy Devices Market is expected to reach USD 2.12 billion by 2025, from USD 1.41 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Lithotripsy Devices Market
Lithotripsy is a technique of breaking the process of urolithiasis. Urolithiasis is the process stones formation in the kidney, bladder, and/or urethra. It can be mostly observed that the kidney stones cause blood in the urine and discomfort in the abdomen and flank, or in the groin that is the area between the abdomen and the upper thigh on either side of the body. The people suffer from kidney stones that occur in 1 in 20 people at some point of time. Lithotripsy procedure also uses shock wave to break up stones in the internal organ like kidney, bladder, or ureter. Subsequently in this procedure, the tiny pieces of stones pass out of the body with the help of urine.
The stones are split by focused pressure pulses, which can be delivered in the two modes that are, synchronized mode which is triggered by the patient’s R-waves, as detected by an external ECG. The other mode is non-synchronized mode that is delivered at a specified rate for example 96 pulses per minute. Like the various other electronic devices, lithotripsy equipment produces electromagnetic waves, these waves can vary in amplitude and frequency. Electromagnetic interference (EMI) may occur when electromagnetic waves from one electronic device disrupt the functioning of another electronic device. The effects of the interference are typically temporary for an electronic device that interferes with the operation of an implanted pacemaker or defibrillator. Due to the effect lithotripsy also is responsible to produces mechanical and electromagnetic forces that can hypothetically affect pacemaker and defibrillator function. The mechanical forces that are generated by lithotripsy dissipate from the focal point of application of the shock waves and it could permanently damage an implanted pacemaker or defibrillator if the device is located at the focal point of the lithotripsy beam.
According to an article posted by the Elsevier B.V., considering the time trends in stone frequency of 5945 incident patients 63.0% men were assessed by Poisson regression analysis. The majority of patients i.e. 90.5% were suffering from symptomatic stone disease. The total occurrence of kidney stones had increased from 108 per 100,000 in the first 5-year interval of the study to 138 per 100,000 in the last interval. Many people in the world are troubled from the problem of stone disease which poses a major health hazard affecting 20.0% of the general population worldwide. In the U.S alone, up to 12.0% of men and 6.0% of women develop urolithiasis at some point of time. In Thailand also, the highest prevalence rate of 16.9% was reported in the Northeast provinces, while in Middle Eastern countries, the lifetime prevalence of kidney stone is even high.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing incidence of urolithiasis
- Technological advancements
- Unfavorable healthcare reforms in the US
- Adverse effects associated with lithotripsy and the availability of alternative treatments for stone removal
Market Segmentation: Global Lithotripsy Devices Market
- The global lithotripsy devices market is segmented based on type, application, distribution channel and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the market is segmented into intracorporeal lithotripsy and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. The intracorporeal lithotripsy segment is further segmented into mechanical lithotripsy, electrohydraulic lithotripsy (EHL), laser lithotripsy and ultrasonic lithotripsy.
- On the basis of application, the market is classified into kidney stone, pancreatic stones, ureteral stones and bile duct stone.
- On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and other end users.
- Based on geography the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market: Global Lithotripsy Devices Market
- In May 2018, Dornier MedTech has launched world’s first smart lithotripter using big data with the device name Dornier Delta III SmartLitho, which will be offering an analytic algorithm to help urologists make treatment decisions. The device is accessible with the powerful imaging for improved stone visualization, maximized energy to treat more stones in more patients and enhanced efficiency for time saving features to serve more patients.
- In May 2015, Olympus that is expert in designing and delivering innovative solutions for medical and surgical procedures has launched new lithotripsy devices, expanding complete portfolio GLIDEWIRE that is a urologic guidewire, ShockPulse- SE that fragments and removes stones even more efficiently.
Competitive Analysis: Global Lithotripsy Devices Market
The global lithotripsy devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Lithotripsy Devices market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Lithotripsy Devices Market
Some of the major players operating in the market are Richard Wolf, Direxgroup, Medispec LTD , C. R. Bard, Inc., Novamedtek, Karl Storz Gmbh, LUMENIS., COOK, Dornier, Medtech, Siemens AG, Storz Medical AG, Direx Group, Boston Scientific Corporation, Olympus, Medispec and Walz Elektronik among others.
Research Methodology: Global Lithotripsy Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global lithotripsy devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)