Market Analysis: Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market
Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market was valued at an estimated USD 11.71 billion in 2018 this value is projected to grow to USD 42.11 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 17.35% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to growing incidences of cancer cases worldwide.
Market Definition: Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market
Immune checkpoint inhibitor is a type of treatment option that is used to regulate the immune system and helps in blocking the proteins on the tumor cells. These therapeutic drugs are used for targeted cancer treatments in advanced forms of cancer in patients.
- Increasing levels of cancer incidences amongst the population globally; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing presence of reimbursement policies and increasing healthcare expenditure; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Higher cost caused due to the high research and development costs associated with the development and production of products; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market
- By Type
- CTLA-4 Inhibitor
- PD-1 Inhibitor
- PD-L1 Inhibitor
- By Therapeutic Application
- Lung Cancer
- Urothelial Carcinoma
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Blood Cancer
- By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, Merck & Co., Inc. announced that they had received US FDA approval for their immune checkpoint inhibitor “Keytruda” (pembrolizumab) for the treatment of advanced Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC).
- In January 2019, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd announced that they had received US FDA approval for “Tecentriq” (atezolizumab) in combination with bevacizumab, paclitaxel and carboplatin for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer in advanced stages.
- In October 2018, Regeneron announced that they had received US FDA approval for “Libtayo” (cemiplimab) for the treatment of advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
Competitive Analysis: Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market
Global immune checkpoint inhibitors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of immune checkpoint inhibitors market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market
Few of the market competitors currently in the market are AstraZeneca; Novartis AG; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Merck & Co., Inc.; Merck KGaA; Incyte Corporation; Regeneron; Sanofi; Eli Lilly and Company; Fortress Biotech; Immutep; Pfizer Inc.; NewLink Genetics Corporation and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
Research Methodology: Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global immune checkpoint inhibitors market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)