Market Analysis: Global Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Market
Global Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Market is expected to grow with a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018, and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing levels of per capita healthcare expenditure.
Market Definition: Global Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Market
Image-guided radiation therapy is a technology that is used to visually guide and focus the radiation therapy on a particular and precise target. The targeted area is the tumor or cancerous cells present in the human body and the rest of the area of healthy tissue is left untouched. Traditional radiotherapy systems involved 2D images of the human body whereas with this method 3D visual aids are presented which help in enhancing the focus and delivering effective treatment results.
- Growing need for image-guided radiation therapy has been caused by the growing levels of cancer cases globally
- Advancements in technology and development resulting in innovative product launches; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Complications and harms associated with this course of treatment such as damage caused to the surrounding tissue bodies that are in close proximity of the tumor; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Market
- By Type
- Soft-Tissue Imaging
- Lung MRI
- Simplifying Cardiac MRI
- Simplifying MRI-Conditional Implant Scans
- Silent MRI Scanning
- By Application
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- By Technology
- Radiation-Based System
- Electronic Portal Imaging Devices (EPID)
- Cone Beam CT
- Fan Beam
- Non-Radiation Based System
- Ultrasound-Based Systems
- Camera-Based or Optical Tracking Systems
- MRI-Guided IGRT
- Radiation-Based System
- By Devices
- X-Ray CT
- Digital X-Ray
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Conventional CT
- Optical Tracking
- Cone Beam
- Megavoltage CT (MVCT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- X-Ray CT
- By End-Users
- Smart Cancer Centers
- Research Institutes
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, Varian Medical Systems, Inc. announced that they had acquired humediQ, manufacturer of IDENTIFY. IDENTIFY is an imaging and motion management system for use in radiation therapy.
- In June 2016, Accuray Incorporated announced that they had received US FDA 510(k) clearance for their “Radixact Treatment Delivery Platform”. The new delivery system is a significant innovation for the effective treatment in TomoTherapy Systems.
Competitive Analysis: Global Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Market
Global image-guided radiation therapy market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of image-guided radiation therapy market for global, Europe, North America, Asia- Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the image-guided radiation therapy market are GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY; Hitachi, Ltd.; Vision RT Ltd.; XinRay Systems; Siemens Healthcare GmbH; C-RAD; Varian Medical Systems, Inc.; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; TOSHIBA CORPORATION; VIEWRAY TECHNOLOGIES, INC.; Elekta AB; Accuray Incorporated; IBA Worldwide; BD; Isoray Inc. and Mevion Medical Systems.
Research Methodology: Global Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global image-guided radiation therapy market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)