Market Analysis: Global Hypoparathyroidism Drug Market
Global hypoparathyroidism drug market is expected to grow at a substantial growth of 8.1% CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The emergence of drugs used in thyroid diseases, increases number of thyroid cancer, development of newer technologies and vulnerable hypoparathyroidism patients enhancing the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Hypoparathyroidism Drug Market
Hypoparathyroidism is a rare disorder in which parathyroid glands present in the neck produce insufficient parathyroid hormone. Parathyroid hormone is responsible for regulating and maintaining of the balance of calcium and phosphate level. Hypoparathyroidism is characterized by low level of calcium and high level of phosphate in the blood. The patient with hypoparathyroidism may experience muscle cramps in legs or face, fatigue, painful mensuration, dry and coarse skin and paresthesia around fingertips and toes.
According to the published article in Journal of Rare Disorders Diagnosis & Therapy in 2018, it is estimated that 60 to 115,000 patients diagnosed with hypoparathyroidism in United States and approximately 37 per 100,000 patients with hypoparathyroidism new cases has seen per year. This significant rise in patient number acts as a driver for the market growth.
- Increase in prevalence rate of Hypoparathyroidism disease worldwide
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving Hypoparathyroidism disease therapeutics market
- High cost involved in the treatment
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Lack of awareness among the patient and physician about Hypoparathyroidism treatment
Segmentation: Global Hypoparathyroidism Drug Market
- Iatrogenic Hypoparathyroidism
- Idiopathic hypoparathyroidism
- Inherited Genetic Hypoparathyroidism
- Autoimmune Hypoparathyroidism
By Drug Type
- Vitamin D
- Parathyroid Hormone
- Tricalcium Phosphate
- Calcium Lactate
- Desiccated thyroid
- Hormone therapy
- Dietary Supplements
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2017, Amgen, Inc. received the FDA approval Parsabiv (etelcalcetide) for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (HPT) in adult patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) who have been on hemodialysis. Parsabiv is a novel calcimimetic agent which is given intravenously by the dialysis specialist at the end of hemodialysis session.
- In June 2018, Ascendis Pharma A/S received the FDA Orphan Drug Designation for TransCon PTH for the treatment of TransCon PTH is a long acting parathyroid hormone replacement therapy which helps in restoring the activity of parathyroid hormone.
Competitive Analysis: Global Hypoparathyroidism Drug Market
Global hypoparathyroidism drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hypoparathyroidism drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Hypoparathyroidism Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the hypoparathyroidism drug market are Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (Israel), EnteraBio Ltd. (Israel), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), Pfizer Inc. (US), Merck KGaA (Germany), GlaxoSmithKline Plc (UK), Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Japan), Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (India), TESARO, Inc.(US), Amgen, Inc. (US), Ascendis Pharma A/S (Denmark) and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hypoparathyroidism Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hypoparathyroidism drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)