Global Gellan Gum Market By Product Type (High Acyl Content, Low Acyl Content), Application (Food, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Industrial & Household Cleaners, Pharmaceuticals, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Gellan Gum Market
Global gellan gum market is expected to register a steady CAGR of 4.34% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant increase in the adoption rate of the product from food & beverages industry as well as various functional benefits of the product in improving the end-use characteristics.
Market Definition: Global Gellan Gum Market
Gellan gum produced by the bacterium “Auromonas elodea”, is a type of extracellular polysaccharide which is commercialized in a fermentation process. This commodity is generally available with two variations, i.e. high acyl content and low acyl content. The product is utilized as a functional ingredient in various applications because of its gelation, stability and textural modification properties.
- Increasing levels of geriatric population subsequently increasing the demand of cosmetics and personal care products; is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing applications in healthcare and pharmaceutical products is also expected to augment growth of the market
- Increasing consumption of processed and packaged food products from various regions of the world is expected to augment growth of the market
- Presence of strict regulations presented by the authorities for the use of gellan gum in food applications is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Presence of various alternative food ingredients that act as modifiers is also expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Gellan Gum Market
By Product Type
- High Acyl Content
- Low Acyl Content
- Jams & Jellies
- Fabricated Foods
- Water-Based Gels
- Pie Fillings & Puddings
- Dairy Products
- Processed Meat
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Industrial & Household Cleaners
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, CP Kelco U.S., Inc. announced that they had decided to expand their gellan gum production facility situated in Asia-Pacific region. The expansion will focus on building new production site situated in Wulian, China which will help in keeping a continuous supply of high-quality gum products for the region
- In April 2018, Azelis announced that they had agreed with CP Kelco U.S., Inc. for the distribution of their products from their food segment in Indonesia. The products including pectin, gellan gum as well as xantham gum products which will improve the penetration of these products in the market as well as increase the growth opportunities of the company in the region
Global gellan gum market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of gellan gum market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global gellan gum market are CP Kelco U.S., Inc.; Caixin; HANGZHOU GELLAN SOLUTIONS BIOTEC CO., LTD.; HEBEI XINHE BIOCHEMICAL CO . ,LTD; meron; Yifeng Group; Koninklijke DSM N.V.; Biopolymer International; H & A Canada Inc.; Hawkins Watts Limited; IHC-I.H. Chempharm GmbH; Foodchem International Corporation; AVANSCHEM; Lidgen Hangzhou Gellan Solutions; C.E. Roeper GmbH and TIC Gums, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Gellan Gum Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure