Market Analysis: Global Ebola Virus Infection Drug Market
Global Ebola virus infection drug market is rising with a substantial CAGR in the forecasted period of 2019-2026. This rise in market can be attributed to the increasing number of Ebola virus infected patients , growing prevalence of Ebola virus infections, the lack of a reliable cure for Ebola virus infections and steady government support to Ebola research, developing Ebola drugs and vaccines.
Market Definition: Global Ebola Virus Infection Drug Market
Ebola virus infection is a serious fatal condition which is caused by the four different species of Ebola virus in humans and non-human primates. It causes hemorrhagic fever which leads to internal and external bleeding and affects multiple organs. A person with Ebola virus infection at initial stage experiences sore throat, muscular pain, headaches. Vomiting, rashes and diarrhea at later stages along with decreased function of kidney and liver. At this stage some patients begin to bleed internally as well as externally. This infection has about average 50.0% of high risk of deaths.
According to WHO report dated 26 December 2018, a total of 591 Ebola virus infected cases, including 543 confirmed and 48 probable cases, have been reported from 16 health zones in the two neighboring provinces of North Kivu and Ituri. Of these cases, 54 were healthcare workers, of which 18 died. Overall, 357 cases have died (case fatality ratio 60.0%). In the past week, ten additional patients were discharged from Ebola treatment center overall, 203 patients have recovered to date. The highest number of cases was from age group 15‒49 years with 60.0% (355/589) of the cases, and of those, 228 were female. Peak attack rates have been detected in children aged more than one year (especially male infants) and females aged 15 years and older.
- Increasing number of Ebola virus infected patients
- Growing prevalence of Ebola virus infections around the world
- Increasing awareness about the infection
- Lack of a reliable cure for Ebola virus infections
- Steady government support for Ebola research including development of Ebola drugs and vaccines
- The unpredictable nature of Ebola has slow down research efforts
- Unavailability of effective treatment
- Lack of awareness among the patient and physician about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment
Segmentation: Global Ebola Virus Infection Drug Market
By Strain Type
- Tai forest
- Bundibugyo virus
Novel Drug Type
Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2015, ChAd3-ZEBOV vaccine is developed by GlaxoSmithKline plc in collaboration with the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) is under phase II/III of clinical trial and shows 90.0% efficacy rate, and the safety of vaccine and placebo is high.
- In April 2015, VSV-EBOV vaccine is developed by NewLink Genetics and Merck & Co., Inc. in collaboration with the Public Health Agency of Canada is under phase III of clinical trial and currently in use and shows very high efficacy rate and the vaccine regimen appears to be well tolerated by adult volunteers.
Competitive Analysis: Global Ebola Virus Infection Drug Market
Global Ebola virus infection drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ebola virus infection drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Ebola Virus Infection Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global Ebola virus infection drug market are Merck & Co., Inc, NewLink Genetics Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Private Limited , GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novavax, GeoVax, Mapp Biopharmaceutical, Arbutus Biopharma, Bavarian Nordic , Nanoviricides, INC, Sarepta Therapeutics, Chimerix, Biocryst Pharmaceuticals, INC, Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc, BioComo Incorporation, Peptineo, Bio-Excel, Geneone Life Sciences, IMV Inc, Etubics
Research Methodology: Global Ebola Virus Infection Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Ebola virus infection drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)