Market Analysis: Global Dermatology Diagnostic Devices Market
Global Dermatology Diagnostic Devices Market of which dermatology diagnostic devices is a part of is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 10.55 billion in 2018 to a projected value of USD 27.08 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 12.50% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Global dermatology diagnostic devices market is expected to grow with a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to rise in the levels of disposable income of individuals.
Market Definition: Global Dermatology Diagnostic Devices Market
Dermatology diagnostic devices can be defined as those medical devices that are used for the detection and identification of disorders associated with the skin such as skin cancer, pigmentation, acne, psoriasis, etc. These devices help dermatologists and surgeons in identifying the core problem that ails the skin of patients.
- Growing prevalence of skin cancer and associated dermatology disorders resulting in increased demand for diagnostic devices
- Increase in the number of aesthetic and cosmetic procedures undertaken by the global population is expected to drive the market growth
- High cost of treatments and diagnostic procedures associated with dermatology or skin disorders; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
- Lack of reimbursement policies and systems in place for dermatology procedures in the developing regions; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Dermatology Diagnostic Devices Market
- By Product Type
- Contact Oil Immersion Dermatoscope
- Cross-Polarized Dermatoscope
- Hybrid Dermatoscope
- Imaging Equipment
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Microscopes & Trichoscopes
- Multispectral Photoacaustic Microscopy (PAM)
- Reflectance Confocal Microscopy (RCM)
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Biopsy Devices
- By Application
- Skin Cancer
- Hair Removal
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Acne, Psoriasis & Tattoo Removal
- Wrinkle Removal & Skin Resurfacing
- Body Contouring & Fat Removal
- Cellulite Reduction
- Vascular & Pigmented Lesion Removal
- By End-User
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2018, Spindletop Capital announced the launch of dermatology practice management platform “Sanova Dermatology” along with the acquisition of several dermatology centers. This revamp will help in providing better quality of healthcare services and solutions for dermatology diseases and disorders.
- In February 2017, Hologic Inc. announced that they had agreed to acquire Cynosure. This acquisition will better place Hologic in providing aesthetic and dermatology solutions to the patients and consumers due to the expertise of both the companies for the same.
Global dermatology diagnostic devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of dermatology diagnostic devices market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the dermatology diagnostic devices market are Agfa-Gevaert Group; Carl Zeiss AG; MELA Sciences, Inc.; Hologic Inc.; Spindletop Capital; Heine Optotechnik; GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; Leica Microsystems; Bruker; Solta Medical; CANDELA CORPORATION; Ambicare Health; Siemens Healthcare Private Limited; Welch Allyn; CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION; Galderma laboratories; Michelson Diagnostics Inc. and Canfield Scientific, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Dermatology Diagnostic Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global dermatology diagnostic devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)