Market Analysis: Global Breast Reconstruction Market
Global Breast Reconstruction Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 541.68 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 726.62 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.74% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence and adoption of breast reconstruction procedures globally for aesthetic purposes.
Market Definition: Global Breast Reconstruction Market
Breast reconstruction is the process of restoring the shape and size of breasts generally conducted in women. This process involves reconstructing or reshaping the breasts usually after mastectomy or lumpectomy. This process is different from breast cancer surgery although it can be conducted immediately afterwards or after a certain time period depending on the need of the patient. The implants used in reconstructive surgeries are combined with a tissue extracted from the patient’s body itself, they do not include the nipple, although the patients can choose to have it surgically created or created with the help of tattoos, even prosthetic stick-on options are available.
- Rise in prevalence of breast cancer globally is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Rising awareness regarding the technology of breast reconstruction, products; innovative product launches provided by the major healthcare manufacturers are expected to positively drive the growth of the market
- High prevalence and cases of complications with breast implants after reconstructive surgeries are expected to restrain the growth of the market
- High cost of the products and surgical procedures are expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Breast Reconstruction Market
- Breast Implants
- Silicone Implants
- Saline Implants
- Tissue Expanders
- Implants Accessories
- Acellular Dermal Matrix (ADM)
By Reconstruction Shape
- Round Implant Shape
- Anatomical Implant Shape
- Round Expander Shape
- Anatomical Expander Shape
- Dual-Plane Insertion
- Subglandular Insertion
- Submuscular Insertion
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Mentor Worldwide LLC announced the launch of a tissue expander to its “CPX4 Breast Tissue Expanders” series available in the United States. The new CPX4 smooth expander is designed specifically to increase the comfort levels of patients and helping physicians offer better ease during prepectoral and submuscular breast reconstruction.
- In September 2017, AirXpanders, Inc. announced that they are transferring their manufacturing responsibilities to a Costa Rican contract manufacturing organization, MedPlast for their “AeroForm Tissue Expander System”. This will enable them to increase the capacity of manufacturing by 20,000 units annually. The existing manufacturing unit of AirXpanders, Inc. will continue to operate and provide 4,000 units annually in California, United States.
- In February 2017, ALLERGAN announced that they had completed the acquisition of LifeCell Corporation for an approximate amount of USD 2.9 billion. This acquisition will help them in expanding their product portfolio and service offerings of aesthetics and plastic surgery business divisions.
Global breast reconstruction market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of breast reconstruction market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the breast reconstruction market are Mentor Worldwide LLC; GROUPE SEBBIN SAS; Establishment Labs S.A.; ALLERGAN; Sientra, Inc.; POLYTECH Health & Aesthetics GmbH; Guangzhou Wanhe Plastic Materials Co., Ltd.; GC Aesthetics; IDEAL IMPLANT INCORPORATED; HANSBIOMED CO., LTD; RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc.; Integra LifeSciences; CEREPLAS; Shanghai Kangning Medical Supplies Ltd.; Silimed; AirXpanders, Inc.; TapMed Medizintechnik Handels GmbH and laboratoires arion.
Research Methodology: Global Breast Reconstruction Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global breast reconstruction market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)