Global Automotive Drivetrain Market By Vehicle Type (Passenger Vehicles, LCV, HCV), Electric Vehicle Type (BEV, HEV, PHEV), Drive Type (AWD, FWD, RWD), Engine Location (Front Location, Rear Location), Engine Types (Gasoline, Diesel), Transmission (Manual Transmission, Automatic Transmission, Continuous Variable Transmission, Automated Manual Transmission, Dual Clutch Transmission), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Automotive Drivetrain Market
Global automotive drivetrain market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 411.17 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the rising production of vehicles, increased demand for electric vehicles and demand for vehicles with maximum features.
Market Definition: Global Automotive Drivetrain Market
A drivetrain is a bundle of components that facilitate power to the vehicles driving wheels, and include all those components which are responsible for the movement of engine. The drivetrain consists of driveshaft, transmission, wheels, and axles. The function of the drivetrain is to combine the engine which further provides power to driving wheels through the transmission. It excludes the engine, but it however works in synchrony with the engine to move the wheels of the vehicle.
- Rising demand for comfort and safety in vehicles is another major driver for the automotive drivetrain market during the forecast period
- The rise in the production of vehicles also acts as a driver for the growth of the drivetrain market
- The rise in the usage of electric vehicles would drive the sales for the automotive drivetrain
- Rising demand for vehicles with enhanced features like increased acceleration, traction, & towing capabilities
- Increasing demand for lightweight driveshaft in the manufacturing of automobiles, resulting in increased fuel efficiency enhance the growth of this market
- High set up and maintenance cost of vehicles equipped with all-wheel drive
- The variation in the prices of raw material
Segmentation: Global Automotive Drivetrain Market
By Vehicle Type
By Electric Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle(LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle(HCV)
By Drive Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in-Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
By Engine Location
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
- Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD)
By Engine Types
- Front Location
- Rear Location
- Manual Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Continuous Variable Transmission
- Automated Manual Transmission
- Dual-Clutch Transmission
Key Developments in the Market:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- In March, 2019, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, global leader in automotive components enters into an agreement to acquire WABCO, a leading global distributor of technologies and services that raise the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. With this agreement, they both together would be a global pioneer in integrated mobility systems provider for commercial vehicles, expanding the customer base of ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
- In April 2017, American Axle and Manufacturing, Inc. acquired Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. (MPG), manufacturer and seller of components of powertrain and automotive drivetrain. This acquisition would help in expanding the scale of the business and efficiently satisfy customer needs. MPG will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary after this acquisition is finalized.
Competitive Analysis: Global Automotive Drivetrain Market
Global automotive drivetrain market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of automotive drivetrain market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Automotive Drivetrain Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the automotive drivetrain market are AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd., American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc., BorgWarner Inc., Melrose Industries PLC, Magna International Inc., Dana Limited., JTEKT Corporation., Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG., ZF Friedrichshafen AG, SHOWA Corporation., UNIVANCE CORPORATION, Meritor, Inc., TREMEC., HYUNDAI TRANSYS., Eaton., AVTEC, Robert Bosch GmbH, DENSO CORPORATION., Continental AG, Magna International Inc., TM4, Yasa Limited amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global Automotive Drivetrain Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call
or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research
team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved