Market Analysis: Global Alkaptonuria Drug Market
Global alkaptonuria drug market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The emergence of drugs used in the treatment of arthritis, development of newer technologies, and vulnerable alkaptonuria disease patients are the key factors enhancing the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Alkaptonuria Drug Market
Alkaptonuria is also known as Ochronosis, is rare genetic metabolic disorders of autosomal recessive inheritance characterized by deficiency of an enzyme called homogentisate dioxygenase (HGD) which play key role in metabolism of amino acids and results in the accumulation of HomoGentisic Acid (HGA) which causes discoloration of bone and cartilages. People with alkaptonuria experience osteoarthritis, dark brown urine, dark spots in sclera in eyes, kidney stones, dark colored sweat and arthritis especially hip and knee joints.
According to the article published in National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc, the approximated incident population of alkaptonuria is unknown, it is estimated that 1 of every 250,000-1,000,000 live births in the United States were diagnosed by alkaptonuria. Growing incidence of alkaptonuria, accelerating demand of novel therapies and treatment are the key drivers for market growth.
- Increase in prevalence rate of alkaptonuria disorders worldwide
- Rising awareness about alkaptonuria therapy and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving alkaptonuria therapeutics market
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry of major drugs and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Inadequate knowledge about alkaptonuria in some developing countries
Segmentation: Global Alkaptonuria Drug Market
By Therapy Type
- HGA lowering therapy
- Lifestyle counselling
By Treatment Type
- Ascorbic acid
- Low protein diet
- Pain control
- Enzyme replacement
- Liver transplant
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Aortic valve replacement
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, Cycle Pharmaceuticals Ltd in collaboration with Axon Pharma S.P.A. received marketing authorization in the Chile from the Chilean Institute of Public Health (Ministry of Health, MINSAL) for Nityr (nitisinone), a hydroxyphenyl-pyruvate dioxygenase inhibitor which is used in combination with dietary restriction of tyrosine and phenylalanine for the treatment of hereditary tyrosinemia type 1 (HT-1). This approval will provide access to a new treatment option for alkaptonuria for patients in Chile.
- In November 2017, Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB received approval in Canada from the Health Canada approval for Orfadin (nitisinone), given in combination with dietary restriction of tyrosine and phenylalanine for the treatment of hereditary tyrosinemia type 1 (HT-1). This approval provides new treatment option available for patients suffering from alkaptonuria throughout the Canada.
Competitive Analysis: Global Alkaptonuria Drug Market
Global alkaptonuria drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of alkaptonuria drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Alkaptonuria Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the alkaptonuria drug market are Kadmon Holdings, Inc. Iveric bio, Mayne Pharma Group Limited, BridgeBio Inc, CSL Limited, Orchard Therapeutics plc, Sanofi, Adverum, uniQure N.V., Orphan Technologies, Alexion, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cycle Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Axon Pharma S.P.A, Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB and few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Alkaptonuria Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global alkaptonuria drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players