Pharmaceutical isolators are used as an industrial barrier system to manufacture drugs in contamination free environment. The pharmaceutical isolators have various applications such as microbiological test, cell therapy processing, in production of the advanced therapy medicine products (ATMP) and in weighing, filling and dispensing of the injectable sterile products. Various companies are engaged in manufacturing the isolator for the pharmaceutical industry such as Getinge AB, Skan AG and Wabash National Corporation among others. The continuous development of the pharmaceutical market in developing and developed countries and growing research and development expenditure to develop innovative drugs are all enhancing the utilization of the pharmaceutical isolators. The advanced pharmaceutical isolators and their preferences by the pharma industries, leading the major manufactures to expand their business for the development and production of isolators. For instance, in May 2017, Skan AG (Switzerland) expanded their Germany site by constructing the production plants for the safety cabinets which is majorly engaged in manufacturing the pharmaceutical isolators.
Asia-Pacific pharmaceutical isolator market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 8.2% in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific Pharmaceutical Isolator Market
Asia-Pacific pharmaceutical isolator market is segmented into eight notable segments which are type, product class type, system type, pressure difference, configuration, application, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into aseptic isolators, containment isolators, bio isolators, sampling and weighing isolators, active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturing isolators and others. Aseptic isolators are growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In January 2014, Extract Technology (U.K.) launched the containment and aseptic isolators, with the affordable range of systems to maintain the standard processing in the pharmaceutical, bio-tech, chemical and healthcare industry. The standard range of products SteriPharm, IsoPharm and FlexiPharm ensures high quality of manufacturing processing.
- On the basis of product class type, the market is segmented into Class III and ISO Class 5. ISO Class 5 segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- NuAire (US.), offers an ISO class 5 which includes the containment pharmacy isolator creates negative pressure recirculating ISO Class 5 clean air environment for aseptic compounding of hazardous drugs and minute quantities of chemotherapy drugs to meet USP 797 requirements.
- On the basis of system type, the market is segmented into closed system and open system. Open system segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- COMECER S.p.A. (Italy) provides an open system containment solutions which are developed for the brand new glove correctly mounted with a calibrated hole device connected.
- On the basis of pressure difference, the market is segmented into positive pressure and negative pressure. Positive pressure is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- Tema Sinergie (Italy) offers a positive pressure, custom, controlled atmosphere which includes the aseptic processing isolator system (AP-IS) is a GMP Class-A ISO 5 modular isolator system, which is basically designed for pharmaceutical production, pharmacies, quality control lab.
- On the basis of configuration, the market is segmented into floor standing, modular, mobile, compact, table top and portable. Mobile segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- Dec Group (Switzerland) provides DEC Multi-Purpose Isolator which is designed for the pharmaceutical product manufacturing of APIs and are containment based isolators to ensure APIs egress.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into sterility testing, pharmaceutical industry, microbiology safety cabinets, sampling/ weighing/ distribution, animal laboratories, medical device manufacturing and others. Pharmaceutical industry segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- ITECO s.r.l (Italy) provides the sterility testing isolators, SEI line ISOLATORS – STERILITY, the isolator basically designed for the mounting systems for performing sterility tests in which sterility conditions are maintained and monitored. The chamber is laminar flow (ULPA Filter, class ISO 5, U16), pneumatic gaskets, door interlocking, alarms to prevent the internal areas from contamination. It is used for the H2O2 measurement. The SEI model 702.5L insulator gives a pre-chamber and working chamber, which is designed to work in sterile conditions to eliminate the risk of contamination of the products or samples handled in them.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, academic and research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and contract research organization. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- Tailin (China) provides an RT1600DTC Rigid Isolator which is the new generation turbulent air flow isolator. The product is used in sterility testing in the R&D and pharmaceutical labs.
- On the basis of Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into direct tender and retailer. Direct tender is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In January 2019, TEMA SINERGIE S.p.A setup the Active Bio-decon Pass with the Chamber (AB-PTC) with an integrated vaporised hydrogen peroxide bio-decontamination system to AJ Vaccines (Denmark) for vaccine production. The establishment of the aseptic laboratory for AJ Vaccines (Denmark) enhancing the growth of the company.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific Pharmaceutical Isolator Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Getinge AB, Chiyoda Corporation, Azbil Corporation, Germfree, MBRAUN, Wabash National Corporation, NuAire, ITECO s.r.l., COMECER S.p.A., Hosokawa, Hecht Technologie GmbH, Steriline S.r.l., Envair Limited, Vanrx Pharmasystems Inc., TEMA SINERGIE S.p.A, SKAN AG, Bioquell Inc., I.M.A. INDUSTRIA MACCHINE AUTOMATICHE S.P.A., JACOMEX, Fedegari Autoclavi S.p.A, among others.
- In January 2019, Extract Technology has announced that Terra Asia Consulting Pte. Ltd. (TAC) has been appointed as an exclusive agent for South East Asia. This expansion will create a strong geographical presence.
- In February 2018, SKAN AG announced that collaboration agreement with FARMA ALIMENTA (Spain). This collaboration will boost the position within the Spanish market. Making new contacts with companies and to work on new interesting projects according to SKAN’s.
- In May 2018, COMECER S.p.A. announced the new agreement with the Advaxis, Inc (U.S.) for the production of aseptic systems for the manufacturing process and for the development of the immunotherapy. The new agreement between the companies forcing the R&D of the Comecer for isolation technology.
- In November 2018, Bioquell Inc (U.S.) highlighted their wide advanced bio-decontamination solutions designed for the pharmaceutical industry. The advanced decontamination solution works for 24/7 and eliminates pathogen immediately.
- In May 2018, Azbil Telstar, S.L. (Spain) showcase their product at Achema exhibition held in Germany. The company will show case their latest analytical technologies for pharmaceutical freeze drying systems and aseptic manufacturing processes.
- In July 2017, Extract Technology Limited and CPi Technology announced that CPi Technology have been chosen as exclusive strategic agent in Ireland. This expansion will create strong geographical presence leading to growth of the company.
- In September 2017, SKAN is announced that new business partnership with ITS Group (France). This partnership cooperation SKAN will increase and strengthen its presence in the field of isolator technology in Singapore and Indonesia.
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific Pharmaceutical Isolator Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors and Pharmacologist, Industrialists.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.