Global Self-Healing Coatings Market By Form (Extrinsic, Intrinsic), End-Use Industry (Building & Construction, General Industrial, Transportation, Mobile Devices, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Self-Healing Coatings Market
Global self-healing coatings market is expected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growth of collaborations carried out by organisations to advance and develop various technologies.
Market Definition: Global Self-Healing Coatings Market
Self-healing coatings are technologically advanced product offerings involving the usage of self-healing technology to promote better resistance against corrosion, infrastructure failure at the microscopic levels. These coatings are liquid-based so that they can cover up any defects quickly, even when they are applied in a difficult environment.
- Higher return on investments with the usage of these products; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growth of demand for the product globally due to their infrastructural benefits; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence of policies provided by the governments/authorities regarding the prolonged usage and longer operational guarantees of applicable products; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Higher costs associated with in comparison to traditional coating solutions; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Self-Healing Coatings Market
By End-Use Industry
- Building & Construction
- General Industrial
- Mobile Devices
Key Developments in the Market:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- In November 2017, Solvay announced that they had partnered with Camino Real Partners, Phoenix Venture Partners and Burwell Investments for USD 3 million financial investments for Autonomic Materials, Inc. This investment is expected to accelerate the commercialization and development of Autonomic’s self-healing technologies. This will also help in expansion of capabilities of Solvay in offering coatings solutions to various end-use products.
- In January 2017, PPG Industries, Inc. exhibited a full range of coatings for automotive applications during the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) held in Detroit, Michigan, United States from January 11-12, 2017. The products were displayed with the help of videos, demonstrations including various technologies and advanced engineering methods.
Competitive Analysis: Global Self-Healing Coatings Market
Global self-healing coatings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of self-healing coatings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Self-Healing Coatings Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global self-healing coatings market are NEI Corporation; SHAWCOR; Covestro AG; FEYNLAB Inc; applied thin films inc.; Rust-Oleum; Nano DG Singapore Pte. Ltd.; PPG Industries, Inc.; Autonomic Materials, Inc.; Solvay; Adaptive Surface Technologies, Inc.; Sensor Coating Systems and Dow among others.
Research Methodology: Global Self-Healing Coatings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call
or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research
team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved