Market Analysis: Global Infection Control Market
The global infection control market accounted to USD 15.2 billion in 2016 growing at a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2024. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015, the base year of calculation is 2016 and the forecast period is 2017 to 2024.
Market Definition: Global Infection Control Market
Infection control is the related to the inhibiting healthcare-associated infection. The process is important for the under documented and under maintained area in the healthcare sector. Infection control and hospital epidemiology are done for the safety of the public health, accomplished within the limitations of a health-care distribution system. Many anti-infective agents are used such as anti-biotics, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing Occurrence of Hospital-Acquired Infections
- Growing Number of Surgical Procedures
- Concerns Related To The Safety of Instruments
- Emerging Nations
- Purification and Sterilization of Advanced Medical Instruments
Market Segmentation: Global Infection Control Market
- By product the global infection control market is segmented into disinfection products, and sterilization products.
- Disinfection Products are further sub-segmented into disinfectants, medical nonwovens, disinfectors, and endoscope reprocessing products.
- On the basis of product type, disinfectants are further sub-segmented into instrument disinfectants, hand disinfectants, surface disinfectants, and skin disinfectants. On the basis of formulation, disinfectants are further sub-segmented into disinfectant liquids, disinfectant wipes, and disinfectant sprays. On the basis of EPA classification, disinfectants are further sub-segmented into low-level disinfectants, high-level disinfectants, and intermediate-level disinfectants.
- Medical nonwovens are further sub-segmented into surgical drapes, surgical gowns, sterilization wraps, and face masks.
- Disinfectors are further sub-segmented into washer disinfectors, flusher disinfectors, and UV ray disinfectors.
- Endoscope reprocessing products are further sub-segmented into automated endoscope reprocessors, endoscope tracking systems, and other endoscope reprocessing products.
- Sterilization products are further sub-segmented into sterilization equipment and consumables & accessories.
- Sterilization equipment is further sub-segmented into heat sterilization, low-temperature sterilization, radiation sterilization, and filtration. Heat sterilization is further sub-segmented into moist heat sterilization and dry heat sterilization. Low temperature sterilization is further sub-segmented into ozone gas-based medical sterilization, vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP), formaldehyde sterilizers, ethylene oxide sterilization (Eto).
- Consumables & accessories are further sub-segmented into sterilization indicators, sterilant cassettes, others.
- On the basis of services the global infection control market is segmented into in-house sterilization and control sterilization services. In-house sterilization is segmented into gamma sterilization, ethylene oxide sterilization, and e-beam sterilization.
- On the basis of end-user the global infection control market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, medical device companies, food and beverage industry, pharmaceutical companies, and others.
- On the basis of geography, global infection control market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Infection Control Market
The global infection control market is highly fragmented and is based on new product launches and clinical results of products. Hence the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, clinical trials, market initiatives, high expense on research and development, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of infection control market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors: Global Infection Control Market
Some of the major players operating in global infection control market are Steris Corporation, Cantel Medical, 3M, Getinge AB, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Danaher, Ecolab, WSP, Metall Zug AG, Cantel Medical, Sterigenics International LLC, HYH, MATACHANA GROUP, Dun & Bradstreet, Inc., KCWW, Ahlstrom-Munksjö, Allegion plc., TSO3, BD, Cardinal Health, Ansell and PAUL HARTMANN AG among others
Research Methodology: Global Infection Control Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.