Global Dental 3D Printing Market, By Product (Material (Plastic, Metal), Equipment (3D Printer, 3D Scanner), Service), Technology (Stereolithography, FDM, SLS, Polyjet), Application (Prosthodontics, Implantology, Orthodontic), End User (Dental Laboratories, Dental Hospitals And Clinics, Dental Academic And Research Institutes), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East And Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Dental 3D Printing Market
The Global Dental 3D Printing Market is expected to reach USD 7.37 billion by 2025, from USD 1.39 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 23.2% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Dental 3D Printing Market
3D printing is disruptive technology used in aerospace, defence, art and design. Dental 3D printing is used in production of drill guides for dental implants, the production of physical models for orthodontics, prosthodontics and surgery as well as fabrication of copings and frameworks for implant and dental restorations.
Dental 3D printing market is growing tremendously. For instance, according to National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 92% of adults 20 to 64 age group have had dental caries in their permanent teeth.
There have been tremendous technological advancements in the field of dentistry in the last decade, For instance, 3D Systems’ digital dentistry MultiJet Printing solutions produce high-quality, accurate, sharp and crisp dental parts, at high speed and economically, to increase dental labs’ efficiency and flexibility, and support development.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- High incidence of dental caries and other dental diseases
- Increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry
- Adoption of dental 3D printers in hospitals and clinics
- Rise in the geriatric population
- Increasing disposable income in developing countries
- Rising number of large dental practices to restrain the growth of the services market
Market Segmentation: Global Dental 3D Printing Market
- The global dental 3D printing market is segmented based on the product, technology, application, end user and geographical segments.
- Based on product, the market is segmented into equipment, materials and service. Equipment market is further sub segmented into dental 3D scanners and dental 3D printers. Material market is further sub segmented into plastic, metal and other materials. Whereas from these product segment is expected to grow in coming year due to increase incidences of dental carries.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into vat photopolymerization, fused deposition modeling, polyjet technology, selective laser sintering and other technologies. Vat photopolymerization market is further sub segmented into stereolithography and digital light processing.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into prosthodontics, orthodontics and implantology.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into dental laboratories, dental hospitals and clinics, dental academic and research institutes.
- Based on geography the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Brazil among others
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Stratasys (U.S.) introduced new dental 3D printing products at LMT lab. According to Stratasys, the products are designed to help boost widespread adoption of digital dentistry, as well as reduce production times and costs and advance lab service offerings.
- In February 2018, Straumann (Switzerland) has announced plans to acquire a 3D printing partner. Straumann made a net income of USD 229 million in 2016, and are looking to invest into the advanced technology.
Competitive Analysis: Global Dental 3D Printing Market
The global dental 3D printing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of dental 3D printing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Dental 3D Printing Market
Some of the major players operating in global dental 3D printing market are Stratasys (US/Israel), Renishaw (UK), Roland DG (Japan), SLM Solutions (Germany), EnvisionTEC (Germany), DENTSPLY Sirona (US), Straumann (Switzerland), Formlabs (US), Prodways Group (France), EOS (Germany), Rapid Shape (Germany), DWS (Italy), Planmeca (Finland), Kulzer GmbH (Germany), Ultimaker (Netherlands), Dental Wings (Canada), Carbon (US), and Asiga (Australia) among others.
Research Methodology: Global Dental 3D Printing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global dental 3D printing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level.
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)