Asia Pacific ICU Ventilators Market By Product type (High-End ICU Ventilators, Basic ICU Ventilators, Mid-End ICU Ventilators), Type (Adult Ventilators, Neonatal Ventilators, Pediatric Ventilators), Mode (Combined-Mode Ventilation, Volume-Mode Ventilation, Pressure-Mode Ventilation, Other), End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Long Term Care Centres, Rehabilitation Centres), Country (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Phillipines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Invasive ventilation is a lifesaving intervention for patients with respiratory failure. The ventilator provides data on the static compliance of the respiratory system and airway resistance which provides effective and safe invasive ventilation through manipulation of the ventilator settings. The Invasive ventilators are majorly used in ICU for critical care. The most commonly used modes are assist-control, synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation, and pressure support ventilation. The volume control and pressure control plays a vital role in ventilator which can be used for adult, neonatal and pediatric patients.
The invasive ventilation is said to be mechanical ventilation if it includes any instrument inside the trachea through the mouth such as an endotracheal tube, nose, or the skin like tracheostomy tube. These endotracheal tube or tracheostomy tube is inserted into trachea for maintaining the patent airway and to ensure the adequate exchange of the oxygen and carbon di-oxide gases. The Intensive-care ventilators are larger and used with AC power (though virtually all contain a battery to facilitate intra-facility transport and as a back-up in the event of a power failure). Many ICU ventilators also incorporate graphics to provide visual analysis of each breath. Invasive ventilation is positive pressure ventilation applied via an endotracheal or tracheotomy tube.
Asia Pacific ICU Ventilators market is expected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific ICU Ventilators Market
Asia Pacific ICU ventilators market is segmented into four notable segments which are based on product type, type, mode, end user.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into High-End ICU Ventilators, Basic ICU Ventilators and Mid-End ICU Ventilators.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into adult ventilators, neonatal ventilators, and pediatric ventilators.
- In June 2017, the company Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA (Germany) launched Savina 300 Select: The turbo in the ICU. It is a device for all ventilation phases. This product has 8 years warranty for Savina 300 Select turbine which will help longer for the end users to treat patients.
- On the basis of mode, the market is segmented into combined-mode ventilation, volume-mode ventilation, pressure-mode ventilation and other.
- In April 2018, VYAIRE, has acquired Acutronic Medical Systems (Switzerland) and, separately completed an agreement to acquire imtmedical AG (Switzerland). This acquisition helps to enhance the portfolio of Vyaire.
- On the basis of end-users, the market is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, long term care centres, ambulatory, surgery center and rehabilitation centres.
- In October 2018, a new software with IntelliSync+ for HAMILTON-G5/S1 was introduced which is helping in the growth of the ventilator market. In this the waveform shapes are analysed by the expert’s eye due to the IntelliSync+ option which may help in the better results.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific ICU Ventilators Market
Some of the prominent players operating in this market are Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic, Hamilton Medical, Lowenstein Medical, Heyer Medical AG, Getinge AB., VYAIRE and among others.
- In December 2018, HAMILTON-C6 simulation software has been introduced in the market which is ultimately helping the growth of ventilation market with advanced features.
- In August 2018, ResMed’s Astral Life Support Ventilator includes optional AutoEPAP (automatic expiratory positive airway pressure) in iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) for U.S. patients which were already present in other markets earlier, a high-demand therapy option through which automatically adapts to a patient’s changing pressure needs as their respiratory disease progresses.
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific ICU Ventilators Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.