Global Nasal Spray Market is Growing at a Significant Rate in the Forecast Period 2018-2025
Drivers: Global Nasal Spray Market
Improving patient compliance and acceptability:
Allergic rhinitis is one of the biggest health problems that cause problems to more than 500 million people in world. The allergic rhinitis has many problem causing symptoms such as nasal congestion, snoring, postnasal drip, cough, reduction in sense of smell, headache and others. It may occur for months or a year in almost half of patients worldwide. These symptoms affect the quality of life for patients.
Access Full Report: https://databridgemarketresearch.com/reports/global-nasal-spray-market/
- In February 2014, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) launched its new intranasal steroid fluticasone furoate. It is a nasal spray useful for treating seasonal allergic rhinitis (AR). Clinical studies 2,900 or more than that people performed which has shown efficacy of nasal spray in treating allergy symptoms.
- In January 2018, according to National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), allergic rhinitis symptoms were due to allergen such as pollen and mites pollutants (23.08%), (67.31%), and fungal allergy causing agents (21.15%).
- In August 2018, according to Specialty Pharmacy Times Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepted new drug application (NDA) for treatment of seizure clusters by using investigational nasal spray therapy.
Effectiveness over other forms of drug delivery:
Intranasal drug delivery is detected as a more reliable as well as helpful alternative other than parenteral or oral drug delivery routes. In drug delivery, nasal route delivery can be done by both local as well as systemic drug delivery. Administration of medicines or drugs by nose in dosage form with the help of spray is a non-invasive technique that provides rapid action of drug in the patient’s body. Nasal spray is one of the cost-effective, easy to use, and self-administered device.. Nasal drug delivery system has many advantages such as non-invasiveness, essentially painless, ease drug delivery and favourable tolerability profile, rapid drug absorption, quick action on site and many others.
- February 2017, GSK Consumer Healthcare, launched it’s FLONASE Sensimist Allergy Relief nasal spray. It is also called as fluticasone furoateand and is new over-the-counter (OTC) treatment. It is used for symptoms with seasonal and perennial allergies.
- In September 2018, according to HealthDay News, one-step nasal spray is the easiest form of naloxone to provide people suffering an opioid overdose. According to study the nasal spray in general had a higher degree of success.
Increase in infection & allergic cases:
Allergy is a condition that makes immune system weaken and it reacts abnormally to a foreign substance. Allergies have many forms such as allergic rhinitis and this affects nearly 40 to 50 million people in the U.S. Some allergies may interfere with day-to-day activities of the quality of life.
- In June 2015, a paper published by National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), About 40.0% of the world’s population is atopic, and allergic rhinitis is the commonest of preservation of this atopic tendency. The reported incidence of allergic rhinitis in the western countries is 1.4%-39.7 %.
Product recall is the procedure to recall the launch product from the market due to frequent causes related to device design, software, non-conforming material or component issues and issues concerning to the safety of patients. Therefore, recall poses a significant restraint for the medical device industry.
Various products are recalled from the market by FDA due to various reasons such as manufacturing defects or patients’ safety.
Product recalls are made for the products with problems that could affect the safety of the consumer. This recalling of product is carried out by traders.
- In August 2018, according to live science, CVS-Brand Nasal Spray recalled for potential bacterial contamination. The bacterial contamination in nasal spray was detected by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- In August 2018, Product Quest Manufacturing LLC (U.S.) hundreds of products consisting of baby oral gels as well as nasal sprays that were sold at stores was made for recalling. The reason behind recalling was possible contamination. This may had caused infections that could be life-threatening to many patients who were consuming.
New rising demand for self-administrative drug delivery:
Nasal spray is a drug containing devices that helps in treating various health related problems through nose in the form of spray. Nasal delivery route is an encouraging way of delivering drugs into the body as compared to other drug delivery route such as oral and others. This delivery route helps drug to directly reach at the site of infection or allergic areas. Most administration of vaccines is carried out with new drug delivery system that is nasal drug delivery. Administration of drugs via nose provides a rapid action of drug in the body of patients. Nasal spray is one of the cost-effective devices with the high patient compliances. The device is minimally invasive and user friendly, it offers better self-administrative drug delivery option to the patients.
- In September 2017, Optinose, achieved approval from U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for XHANCE (previously referred to by the development name OPN-375), new drug application that helps in treating nasal polyps in patients. It was estimated that around 10 million people in America suffer from nasal polyps. XHANCE helped people to improve the lives of millions of patients. This was new drug application for treating nasal polyps. Many patients were not satisfied with already available treatment options, primarily due to inadequate symptom relief.
Expanding therapeutic applications for nasal sprays:
Intranasal administration provides various useful options for local and systemic delivery of diverse therapeutic agents for treatment of problems such as allergies, respiratory diseases and many others.
Nasal spray is one of the recently developed products, such as OptiNose and ViaNase that helps to enable the targeting of formulations to specific area of site in the nasal cavity of human.
Nasal therapy has been known as a form of treatment of Indian medicine since decades. It is also called “NASAYA KARMA” in Ayurvedic systems in Indian medicine.
Nasal spray consists of more than one therapeutically active ingredients in the form of suspension or solution in a non-pressurized dispenser. The most common allergy is allergic rhinitis.
- KOVANAZE is nasal spray for regional anaesthesia when performing a restorative procedure in the teeth of patients. This nasal spray is helping in oral therapeutic field to get treatment without pain and more cost.
- May 2018, Avadel Pharmaceuticals plc (Dublin, Ireland) launched of NOCTIVA. NOCTIVA is also called as desmopressin acetate, which is an emulsified microdose nasal sprays. NOCTIVA is first and the only Food and Drug Administration approved (FDA-approved) treatment with the help of nasal sprays nocturia due to nocturnal polyuria in adult patients. Nocturia is conditioned to occurs in kidneys due to overproduce urine in during night time.
Nasal drug delivery can be evaluated by many regulatory agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA). These agencies provide a set of guidelines and regulations for any product before it is launched in the market. They allow to perform various in vitro test methods for determining the characterization of nasal drug products and that they should come in acceptable range as per given by such regulatory bodies.
Nasal spray can be designed as per the dose requirement of drug substances for patients suffering from nasal or any other issues. Some aspects of nasal sprays may be exceptional in case of formulation, manufacturing, container closure system, and stability, controls of critical steps, intermediates and drug product. These aspects should be measured carefully while development program of nasal spraybecause of these changes ability of the product to treat the patients may get affected.
Delivery devices such as nasal spray plays an important role in nasal drug delivery. The device and formulation, defines the properties of the final nasal drug product. Both the things are taken in to account before any approval from regulatory body.
Major Players: Global Nasal Spray Market
Cipla Inc. , Bayer AG , INNOVUS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. , GlaxoSmithKline plc and other players such as ADAPT Pharma, Inc., Sandoz International GmbH, Cipla Inc., Aurena , J Pharmaceuticals , St. Renatus , ARIUS FORMULATIONS PVT LTD , Ultratech India Limited , GlaxoSmithKline plc, Egalet Corporation, LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD, Aishwarya Group and among others.